Rune Dragons Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Eldemore staff and senior members to chat

3 posters

Mass Effect: Book 1- Transgressions (Complete)

Skeseth
    Skeseth

Rune Points : 45

Mass Effect: Book 1- Transgressions (Complete) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mass Effect: Book 1- Transgressions (Complete)

Post  Skeseth Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:35 am

~.:Raziya Arauxo:. ~ .:Raz/Razi:. ~ .:Female:. ~ .:22:. ~ .:Human:. ~ .:Vanguard:. ~

Whatever comfort level Felix was trying to set with Raziya to get her to trust him, it did not seem to be working. When he ordered for her, her eyes narrowed but she did not speak up against it; it likely meant she either was not going to complain and lose the free meal or perhaps he ordered something she would actually enjoy. It was only after he revealed that he was a Spectre that she not only visibly tensed but got obviously nervous over being in his presence. Her eyes darted back and forth towards those in the area nearby before returning her full focus onto the turian. On second thought...

“Assuming it's stupid to lie about the fact that you are a Spectre, how can I be certain?” While she was still hungry, she merely started at her food by picking at it. Instead, she was fascinated by watching the turian eat instead. “The food is fine.” And yet she answered before she had event taken a bite. “I think it's fair warning for you to know that humans have different tastes, not all are the same. While this sounds generic and good enough for you to order and to be correct most of the time, some humans actually refuse to even eat meat.” Raziya stabbed at a piece she had cut off slowly while she spoke and popped it in her mouth. She chewed thoughtfully before clearing her mouth. “I'm not one of those.” Obviously, now.

Felix may have finished his food but Razi was not in a hurry like he was anymore. She was not intrigued, and in fact was trying to extend her time likely to plot out more of a thorough escape route in her head to get away from the Spectre. Or what job the Spectre wanted her to begin with that he could not handle on his own. Both thoughts made her nibble at her food as her appetite began to wane. “I have nothing to do with them,” she snapped angrily the second the word Cerberus left his mouth. “They've been active for quite awhile in their own way but it must be serious if a Spectre is not only involved but dragging in random civilians. I always assumed the Council's personal special ops force worked alone or among themselves?”

Greens. She was going to need to eat more greens... Raziya needed something to do with her hands, moving from poking at the meat to at least eating some of the green beans. While he spoke and had finished his meal, she still had barely touched it. Not that she was going to leave the plate full, but it was slow going for the moment. “How do you know you can even trust me, a human, instead of worrying I might be working with Cerberus?”

The Omni tool caught her attention as well but could not read the message itself. Instead, Razi took the opportunity of a distraction to eat more rapidly. It was easier to relax just a bit when the Spectre's attention was not entirely focused on her. At his exclamation, however, she swallowed her last bite hard and coughed roughly to dislodge a piece of the steak. When she looked up it was with her trademark glare this time, refusing to allow that charming smile to get through to her one bit. She was still on her guard. “Krogans? If you think I may be an expert at anything, I think you are sorely mistaken,” she said, although modestly. She was still quite good at a few things. “But krogans always have something new to teach me about surviving til the next day. I rather admire their fighting ethics.” In other words, rage and rampage everything. Razi liked that style... if she was built like a tank.

She studied the turian hard, not even cracking a smirk at his own joke or when he laughed. Her brows furrowed and she finally asked as she considered everything else that he had said, “Are you alright?” Perhaps the real question was: is this guy seriously a Spectre? With nearly half her plate gone, she set her utensils down finally before she would reply. “I need to know that my involvement will not affect anyone outside of myself,” she said, worrying desperately about her own mother even as she seriously considered the offer. “And when you say 'working for awhile,' do you mean this is likely a one-way suicidal trip to get involved by fighting til the end?” There was not much of a long pause, or perhaps much thought in her answer, when she continued, “If I can get a trial run with the choice to bail after learning more if it endangers... anyone other than me, then I'm in.”
    Benathorn
    Benathorn
    Admin
    Admin

Rune Points : 106

Mass Effect: Book 1- Transgressions (Complete) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mass Effect: Book 1- Transgressions (Complete)

Post  Benathorn Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:20 am

Ғɛℓιϰ ˩ɛɛ Δяcтʋяισʋƨ

~. Turian .~ Male ~. 31 ~. Soldier .~ “It is your life; you choose your own path in the end.”.~

The tension Raziya was showing was evident in her features. Her subtle movements and the slight cast of her eyes told him she was on the lookout for an escape. He was no fool, Felix had been a C-sec officer for ten years before becoming a Specter, and he knew the signs of nervousness on any alien he came across. It was just…unexpected. It was then that he understood how much he had changed in so little time. Spending most his days lately with the human Harry, had made him out of touch with his skills, and he realized how he had just tried to interact with Raziya the same way he did with Harry. Open, trusting, and joking, Felix was conversing with the human like the one that he was so familiar with, when in truth he should have known better. Not all humans were the same and he was being extremely selfish on his part in speaking with Raziya this way. Also, it was just simply very confusing to him on how humans acted.

Felix features grew crestfallen as his more open demeanor dissipated slowly. His expression suddenly grew more serious and he clenched his mandibles tightly against his face, as he focused on Raziya with a more stern gaze. “It seems I have been out of touch lately with myself. Your right, you have no way of knowing I am a really Specter even though I could just show you my credentials and be done with it.” His voice lost its airy tone and was replaced with a more monotone deep whir that his kind was known for. “As for dragging in random citizens, well, you must think pretty lowly of yourself if that is how you look at it.” If the human was going to treat this as an interrogation than he would oblige her, for some reason she was bringing out his old self when he worked at C-sec. Get the job done, torture if you have to, but be through in interrogations.This of course was not looked kindly upon by the other officers and partly why he was ranked so low there. He believed killing the criminals solved everything and that bringing them in just wasted time and let the bad guy usually get away. That was a side of him that had seemed to begun to disappear when Harry was around, but Raziya was the opposite obviously, and he was more interested in this silent confliction within himself, rather than approaching it with frustration.

“I am doing this more for personal matters. Something very dear to me was taken by Cerberus and I aim to get it back. Of course, I will be trying to solve the damn Council’s problems at the same time.” A very low growl emanated deep within his throat as he suppressed it. He would not tell the human that it was his family taken, not yet anyway, he was weary of her and wanted to keep his personal life to himself right now. “Though you’re right about one thing Ms. Arauxo, I certainly do not trust you, but I highly doubt you’re with Cerberus. Part of the problem is the fact that there are so few Specters around at the moment, so forgive me for plucking up ‘random citizens’ off the streets.” It was a stab back at the human female since what she had said had made him retort in return. He inhaled to try and calm himself a bit, there was no reason for a comment like that, but he had said it without restraint. “Though I do not trust you, I do however; trust the friend who referred you to me. His word is the only reason I even sought you out. If you impressed him then I trust his judgment of you…for now at least.” Felix gave her a narrowed sideways glance, her hostility towards him was to be expected and he commended her for her caution. It was probably the only reason she was still alive, but how in the hell was he supposed to trust this human to have his back if she was constantly looking for an escape route? He just hoped his faith in Leon was well placed; the old Turian had never led him astray yet.

Felix sat there for a few moments in silence. Arms crossed and an unblinking gaze held Raziya’s before him. It was the message from Leon about the Krogan Bane that had broken the silence as Raziya responded about a Krogans tactics. “Well at least we can both agree there. I do believe the Krogan have us beat when it comes to survival and brute strength. Which is why I am exercising such caution with this…I really don’t want to go head to head with any Krogan. But once again, my contact is a respectable man, and if he says she’s good then I will trust his word.” He ignored her first question about his wellbeing, it did not take a genius to tell she was being sarcastic with her tone, and was referring more to his credibility. However, he tilted his head slightly to her next question about this mission not involving anyone else other than herself. So, the human clearly had a loved one she was concerned for? It was a subtle revealing but important nevertheless, and it made his features soften just a bit. He could respect that, to live a hard life but still take care of family. Something he had failed to do as of late.

Felix did not remove his stone gaze from the human’s face as he thought about her question. “I promise, this mission will have no effect on anyone but you perhaps. There is always a risk of dying each day Ms. Arauxo, you know this I’m sure. Weather you wish to run from it rather than face it is up to you. I will not stop you if you choose to back out.” Felix did not blink as his green gaze held hers, his mandibles fluttered once before remaining still once more and he finally broke the stare with an easy smile and a slow blink. Well, I have a Krogan to go chat with. You can stay here if you wish or follow me to meet Ms. Bane. It is your life; you choose your own path in the end.” With that he got up and walked casually away. The last bit he had said was something his father had once told him when Felix had decided to leave his home world Palaven. His family had not wanted him to go and had looked to the Primarch to keep Felix in his place, yet his father had said something he would never forget. The one man who had always been about controlling his life had given him the freedom to choose, and that freedom had led him all the way to this. So much conflicting thoughts raced through his head as he made his way to the nearest rapid Transit to head to the wards. He made sure to wait though for Raziya to catch up.

Skeseth
    Skeseth

Post  Skeseth Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:59 am

~.:Raziya Arauxo:. ~ .:Raz/Razi:. ~ .:Female:. ~ .:22:. ~ .:Human:. ~ .:Vanguard:. ~

The change was noticeable as well to Raziya and surprisingly she relaxed a fraction when he grew more serious. The fact that the turian in front of her was acting more as she would expect of him, made her believe in his words more. Not enough to make her forget that the man pointed her out immediately in the crowd that same morning after getting good credits the night before, especially knowing he was a Spectre. At last her face split out into a wry smirk. “I am not an officer here, Spectre, or even in any Alliance military. I don't fool myself with thinking anything other than what I am.” Criminal, thief, low-life.

The young woman's life may have been prosperous at one point, and she may have had excellent training in firearms for a very young age because of her family, but she still knew better than to think of herself as being any better than your average C-sec officer, especially since she found she could only find work among the criminals of the Citadel. It had a lot to do with her past drug abuse, her self esteem, and the fact that she felt she could protect her mother better with being on the bad side... It wasn't like C-sec was going to go after her mother to seek revenge against her for bringing down justice on their operation or their friends.

When she studied him the second time, after he mentioned something had been stolen, it was less with a mistrusting eye and more out of curiosity. This different side of him worked on her a lot better than the flippant turian that just was completely out of place. “So long as we both agree on that,” she answered in regards to calling her a random citizen. She wasn't going to bristle at it any more than when she said it herself, even if he put it that way. “I'm still wondering what acquaintance we might possibly have in common that would refer me-- I don't exactly hang around the best kind of crowds.”

Her food was long forgotten, pushed to the side so that she can avoid getting too relaxed and treat this more like the interview that he had finally established. She took all his answers into consideration, including his change of attitude, and seemed to come to a conclusion. Something in her face likely gave her away that she was intrigued to accept the moment he had established she was likely to only harm herself. “I know very well, with the way I live my life day by day. But I know I am not walking into any job that is suicide just for the benefit of someone else, without ever claiming a credit. As long as my share can still be claimed by another even if I were walking into a death trap...” She shrugged her shoulders, helpless at what else to say at that point.

Raziya had not made her move even when he stood up, and instead gazed in thought after the turian. The hesitation lasted but a brief moment; leaving her food behind, something she will likely regret later, she made her way after the man. Catching up, she announced her presence with a, “Alright. you have a deal, Spectre. But enough of that Ms. Arauxo crap. I haven't gone through any formal military training like you and am in no position to be given any formality in that way. Raziya or Razi is fine, whichever you prefer or is easier to remember.” She crossed her arms and now that she was standing she had to crane her neck a bit as she walked beside Felix to give him a look. “Anyway, it might be just a little bit easier to have a human when approaching a krogan. You turians and them have so much bad blood already, you'll need at least someone that does not immediately think they are unmanageable raging war-beasts.” While she did not drop her alertness, she at least appeared a fraction more relaxed with him instead of on the edge of her flight or fight instincts.
    Benathorn
    Benathorn
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Benathorn Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:58 am

Ғɛℓιϰ ˩ɛɛ Δяcтʋяισʋƨ

~. Turian .~ Male ~. 31 ~. Soldier .~ “Aw, Shit!”.~

Felix looked to his side as Raziya spoke next to him and announced she would join. He smiled however, to her comment about how he addressed her, “Oh good, I am glad I don’t have to keep doing that at least. It’s frustrating to keep calling someone miss or sir out of reluctant pleasantry. But glad you could join me Raziya, and I would rather be called Felix rather than Specter if you don’t mind.” Specter just sounded too formal to him and he still did not appreciate the title or what it stood for. He ignored this fact though, and climbed into the red hover car at the rapid transit station. He gripped the wheel tightly and waited for her to get in before he directed the vehicle into the steady line of traffic. The motions were smooth and silence filled the small enclosure as Felix’s thoughts weighed down on him heavily. He did not know what to say to Raziya, he had little information to go on with her, and would rather have the human speak to him on her own merits.

The wards were not far from here and he hoped them happening upon the Krogan would not lead to anything too ugly. He had nothing personal against their race nor was he a part of the genophase that took place before he was born. He respected a Krogan’s strength for good reason and anyone who didn’t was just stupid not to. “Well you may be right about the Krogan not wishing to talk to a Turian. I think that’s the big joke at the bars these days…” He clicked his mandibles as he spoke and made a sharp turn towards the wards. “I don’t really see them wanting to talk to a human much either, or anyone for that matter. Your species is still new so the novelty has not quite worn off yet. Everyone is either interested in the new aliens or flat out rejecting them. From what I have seen so far, your species operates much like ours. Military wise anyway. I hear the Batarians do not like you guys too much, but then they don’t really like anyone.” He gave her a more relaxed smile as he became a bit more comfortable with her presence. Felix looked up in his rearview mirror and noticed that the car which had been following them since they left C-sec was still on their tail. He narrowed his eyes in suspicion and made another sharp turn around a building just to be sure, and there they were, still on them. “Hmm, you may want to get your pistol ready Raziya. It seems we’ve got ourselves a tailgater.”

Felix suddenly floured it as he accelerated the vehicle to go faster. The abrupt speed forced him back into his seat as he gripped the wheel tightly to see that the other transit kept up with them. “Alright! We’ve got ourselves a car chase, my favorite!” He was being sarcastically happy about the situation, but could not hide his impish smile at the exhilaration he was getting off of the whole thing. Sometimes he just plain loved his job. A sudden jolt through the car made him look up to see that they were ramming them from behind, as a figure of a Cerberus agent leaned out the passenger’s window. “Cerberus? They already know who we are?” He expected Cerberus to come after them eventually but not this soon. They must be stepping on some toes for the origination to perceive them as a threat. Shots were fired and the back glass shattered as Cerberus bullets littered the hover car. Felix jerked the wheel to the side as the force nearly threw them into oncoming traffic. Trying to get the transit back under control while also avoiding getting hit by other vehicles, was proving quite difficult! “Raziya! See if you can get in a few shots and get them off our tail!” Felix grunted under his breath as alarms went off in the car and smoke began to fill the engine.

Another bang slammed Felix forward, as his side window shattered, and the Cerberus vehicle grated against his side of the hover car. Felix tried his best to keep their transport steady so that Raziya could get in a few shots, while he unloaded his own pistol to the opposing attackers as well. He could not get a clear shot in with just one arm shooting and the other trying to steer, but at least it got them away from his side and back behind them once more. The sputtering sound of the engine suddenly died and the car’s lights and alarms turned abruptly off as they began to loose altitude. “Aw, shit!” He cursed as he felt them drop quickly from the sky and hurl towards the wards below. “Damnit! Brace yourself for impact!” He unbuckled and was able to hit the emergency ejection for their seats just seconds before the crash. The force threw them both from their transport as Felix hit the pavement hard and rolled to a stop. He shook his head, blood weld from somewhere along his face as he looked up to try and find Raziya, only to see their ride was now bursting into flames as the engine ignited. The blast was worse than the actual wreck, and Felix was thrown backwards from its unrelenting force. He could feel the intense heat and pain from his back as he slammed into one of the crates which littered the place, and blacked out for a few seconds.

The sounds around him were muffled as he tried to open his eyes. His vision was blurred at first, but a few more blinks cleared his head as his body tried to register the last ten minutes that just transpired. Felix got up slowly; a sharp pain in his side suggested a broken rib while the rest of his body felt quite abused. At least this time he was wearing armor and his kinetic barriers took most of the explosion from the wrecked vehicle, for that he was very grateful, otherwise he would have a singed face to add to his already scared features. Felix stood and limped over to the wreckage as his eyes desperately searched for Raziya. Had she been killed in the crash? He had barely known her, but his concern was still great as he searched for the human. “Raziya! Raziya where are you?!” The sound of another transit landing just behind him made him turn and flare his mandibles in aggression. Three Cerberus agents exited their transportation slowly, clad in heavy white suites and each carrying a weapon. Felix let loose a low growl in challenge, if this was how he was going to go down then he would sure as hell take at least one of them down with him! He just regretted that he may not be able to save his family in the end. To come so far only to fail like this? No, it just couldn’t end here. Not yet…

Mass Effect: Book 1- Transgressions (Complete) - Page 2 Empty The 'Bane' of Their Existence.

Post  Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:22 am

[b]BOOM![b]

Bane's head snapped up as the explosion lit up the wards, burning transit parts flying in all directions. She gripped her shotgun with tense fingers, slinking out of the alleys and towards the commotion. "What the HELL was that?!" Bane turned the corner and stopped in her tracks. "Cerberus!" A deep, dark growl rumbled in the Krogan's throat.

"Raziya?!"

She paused and glanced down at the person about a foot away. A Turian male. She snorted and turned back to the three agents now stepping from the transit, choosing to ignore him for the moment. She had better things to do than worry about an obvious Specter. She could smell it on him.
    A loud monstrous roar bellowed from the red plated Krogan, pounding at top speed towards the surprised agents.

She slammed into the nearest one, his body slamming into the transit and his head literally cracking open like a melon. One down. The others were on her in seconds. Too late for them. Bane spun and blasted the second square in the chest with her shotgun, clothes-lining the third into her waiting grip.

Bane tightened her claws around the frail human's neck, curling her lips into a menacing grin. "Too slow." Her voice was deep and sinister, laced with the joy of a long awaited fight. She threw him bodily to the floor and clamped her massive, armored foot down on the man's head. A sickening crack echoed through the area as the female Krogan stomped down on the agent's knee caps. The human screamed in agony, "Don't want you trying to run, now do we?", she growled happily, watching the little thing squirm.

Skeseth
    Skeseth

Post  Skeseth Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:44 am

“Sorry you had to suffer through hiring me for the job,” Raziya said with a snort. “No worries, only true feelings from here on out, Spectre.” There was a purposeful pause and then she corrected herself by adding, “Felix.” The hesitation was more accidental after so long of just being paranoid, but it was still obvious as she jerked to a halt before entering the hover car. She had to shake herself out of it, but her cautious eyes seemed a little extra nervous as she jumped into the seat and buckled in.

The silence was rather awkward in the car and it was partially Raziya's fault. It was obvious that she wanted to say something, if only to try an ice breaker, but instead waits for him. “You would think with all our similarities, humans and turians would get along a bit better. But plenty are still all ruffled over that relay incident.” Not that it mattered to them. This human didn't seem ruffled at all by it. “I don't really like Batarians either, so no loss there.” She would have been quite a bit more relaxed at that point (as relaxed as she could get in a enclosed vehicle), if it weren't for her nervous looks behind them. “Already on it.” She had already been reaching into her jacket for her pistol before Felix warned her.

There were not as many car chases in her past as there must have been for Felix, regardless of her sarcasm, so Razi was definitely having trouble not being knocked back and forth a bit worse than she would be if she knew just how to grip her seat properly and twist around. She growled out a few curses as she tried to get a clear shot, only to be jerked in another direction as Felix maneuvered.“What do you think I'm trying to do!? If only you could drive right, I might already have been able to shoot the bastards!” Frustrated she shoots off at the cars, luckily shattering their own windows in return but causing little harm to the occupants.

It was only when they raked them from the side, that Raziya jerked the belts around her chest as best as could to swing her arm to Felix's side when she heard the glass shatter. The best shots would be now, with the window shattered, but with the turian firing and in the way at the same time she could only help him in drawing their enemy back. Successful, she followed her aim, shattered the back window now, and managed to hit their enemy shooter to give them relief from the firefight. She turns to Felix with a wide toothy grin, a complete change from her stoic paranoid face of before. “Hah! Did you see-- Shit!” And that was when she heard the engine die. She jammed her pistol in its holster to keep herself from losing it. Then her fingers fumbled and she just barely managed to get ejected as well, covering her head with arms.

She yelped at the rough landing, not coming off unscathed from the hard tumble. Far enough to avoid getting blasted by the explosion but close enough to feel the heat, Raziya kept her head down and covered by her arms until it was safe enough after the explosion. She rolled over to assess the damage: Her hearing was muffled and her left arm was bleeding enough to be an issue so she tended to that first by ripping the midriff of her shirt. Only then did she try to stand up, definitely unbalanced from it all and she wobbled to and fro for a moment. Overall it did not take long, but still enough time had passed to make her feel guilty that she had not immediately sought out the turian. Worrying about someone else out in the field... it was a first. “Felix!” she called, one hand to her ringing ears, the other reaching immediately for her pistol. When she finally took a step forward, she nearly pitched over instead.

“Dammit, Felix!” she shouted as she saw the other vehicle land from the other side, safe behind the agents. For a brief moment she wondered if his hearing was as bad as hers. For once she was worried for another person, and forced herself to fight through the vertigo to rush up the side to help him. Just in time to watch the krogan make her debut in her rage, rampaging through the humans. She stood dumbfounded before realizing it was the perfect distraction to limp/jog over to the turian's side. “All in one piece?” She asked, though she already knew he was well enough to stand by a quick once over. “Please tell me this is the krogan we're looking for. If not, can you just hire her instead? I like her.” Regardless, she had her pistol ready and her biotics were finally sparking around her fingertips from her hurt arm that hung down limply at her side. Just in case.
    Benathorn
    Benathorn
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Benathorn Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:56 am

Ғɛℓιϰ ˩ɛɛ Δяcтʋяισʋƨ

~. Turian .~ Male ~. 31 ~. Soldier .~ “Get it together Felix...”.~

Everything had happened so quickly that all Felix could do was simply watch. A giant Krogan made her appearance as she slammed the agent into the transit, shot the second, and closelined the third to the ground. He blinked as she had done something very familiar that he had done not too long ago, and a flashback showed across his mind’s eye. It was when he and Harry were in the alley and the large Cerberus agent had shot him. He had taken the shotgun and killed him but also the other two men who had been disarmed as well. A merciless kill and without hesitation just like he had been trained to, he had shot the man’s knee caps off one by one, to get the information he wanted, then he killed them. To him it was a mercy kill, and Felix assumed that it was better than having Cerberus torture the human for talking. But to Harry…he had come across as a monster even though he thought Cerberus had been the real monster. Felix blinked as the memory faded as quickly as it had come. Why was he having so much confliction within himself lately? Did it really matter how one killed another if in the end the result was the same? What was the point to sparing one’s life if they were just going to try and kill you again? Felix clenched his mandibles tightly against his face and could taste the blood which was pooling down from his nose and upper eye plate. ‘Get it together Felix. None of that matters right now…’

He did not flinch as the Krogan shot out the man’s knee cap while he screamed in agony. He noticed the scars running across the large Krogan’s face and the crimson plating which identified her as Bane. She was the one they were going to meet down in the wards, but apparently fate had brought her to them, and he thanked the spirits that it did. The shuffling of feet made him turn to his side to see Raziya was still in one piece. He was relieved at her wellbeing and let loose a sigh that he had apparently been holding. It hurt to breathe a little, but his suit was already registering the damage done to his body, as the automatic medi-gel dispensed into his bloodstream to begin healing any internal wounds. Felix could smell the sharp tang of human blood as he could plainly see Raziya’s wounded arm bleeding red. The color was still very strange to him but he passed her a medi-gel with a relived glance, “Glad to see my driving skills did not leave us in little pieces, huh?” He could see the subtle concern in her face as well and thought it must be strange for her to be worried. “I am still in one piece, but thanks. Get that medi-gel in you before you bleed out too much though...nice work back there with the shooting too.” For some reason he still was not used to the strong scent of human blood as he praised her for her marksmanship that had probably saved their lives during the rough ride. Lately, their blood had been making him react aggressively, and he could feel the same aggression boil inside of him as he watched the blood drip from her bandaged arm.

His mandibles clicked as he tried to stifle the scent of the human blood coming from both Raziya and the Cerberus agents. He was just happy right now to be alive and that the human had not perished because of him. When she asked if the Krogan before them was the one they were looking for he nodded, “That’s Bane alright.” He glanced up and down at the Krogan’s large muscular form and scared features. He rarely had to look up at others since he was naturally quite tall, but found himself craning his head even at his full height. “Thanks for the quick save there Bane. We would have been in a tight spot if you had not hauled ass so fast!” He gave her a painful smile as the medi-gel’s cool solvent could be felt in his veins and his wounds began to mend. He looked back over to Raziya to make sure she was still standing but could see the human female was obviously stronger than she looked. He was impressed by her resilience since human’s appeared so fragile at first glance, and flicked his eyes back to the large Krogan with a cautious glance and a light tone to his voice.

“I can’t tell you how many times I have envied the Krogan for their quick regenerating healing abilities. Could have come in handy when I got shot in the face.” He pointed to the scars on his own face as he addressed the Krogan. “I’m Felix Lee Arcturiuos, Specter Agent, and this is my current partner Raziya Arauxo. We have been charged with investigating Cerberus activity and it seems they have been investigating us as well.” He threw a dagger-like stare at the crippled agent beneath the Krogan's foot. The man was still reeling in agony, but he could feel the hate coming in waves as the agent cursed up at them. A low growl rumbled in Fleix’s throat as he clicked his mandibles in rapid succession while examining the human like a bird of prey. He sported the same white armor like those in the alleyway back at Chora’s Den, grade A armor with the yellow and black symbol of Cerberus, etched on the chest place while his helmet cracked under the force that was being placed upon it. His sharp green eyes narrowed as his body tensed, the familiar urge to dominate and kill this male was overwhelming, as he looked to Bane with a hollowed stare, “May I? I would like to interrogate your friend here if you permit me. I am sure he has so much to tell us…” His voice grew dangerously low as he focused his gaze back on the human who still struggled under the Krogan’s weight.

The best way to get information from a monster was to treat them the same way. Extracting it would be simple and Felix was never one to drag out torture for too long. He did not relish in it like some, and only used it as a necessary tool. But as his mind began to think of darker things, a promise broke through to shatter his train of thought. Harry and made him promise to never kill someone who was defenseless in her presence again. He had obliged, and even tried to contemplate and understand why she would not kill an enemy without a gun. It did not make sense to him, why spare them when they had caused so much more suffering to others. However, Harry was not here and thus, Felix had no problem in falling back into his old ways. After all, he had promised not to kill the unarmed in her presence to which she was currently absent. Clenching his talons and furrowing his brow plates, Felix glared at the agent as he was eager to learn why they were following them and how they already knew what they were up to.

Mass Effect: Book 1- Transgressions (Complete) - Page 2 Empty Persuasion.

Post  Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:51 pm

"Don't play coy with me, Specter." Bane's voice was low and harsh, turning her attention to the male Turian. Something about his tone didn't set well with her. It had been too long since Bane had a good fight and this one she particularly enjoyed. She snorted and glared down at the struggling and cursing human, smashing her foot into his head to shut him up.

Bane's lips curled as Felix strode up to her, her eyes narrowed. "What?...", she growled, curling her fingers into fists. Her plates rose and rattled, asking permission to have her kill. She considered pounding this male into the ground when something stopped her. His eyes. Bane leaned forwards into Felix's face, her silver gaze scrutinizing him. She saw no remorse, no mercy in those green orbs. And she liked that. The krogan gave a wide grin, stepping of the body beneath her foot. "Alright Felix. Don't disappoint me." She gave a warning growl and crossed her arms. She was curious to see just what kind of torture this Specter to inflict, she would judge him from there.
    Skeseth
    Skeseth

Post  Skeseth Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:14 am

There was not any visible enjoyment when Raziya watched the krogan attack the agents, nor was there revulsion. It was simply survival, and Cerberus were trying to kill them anyway just moments before, so it was simply kill or be killed in her mind... just someone else was doing it for them. If it were not for Bane, they would have been shot dead, defenseless, as they bled on the ground and recouped.

When she finally arrived to Felix, she took the medi-gel gratefully and gave him a wry smirk as she removed her impromptu bandage and started to apply it immediately to stem the bleeding. “Thanks,” she mumbled at him as she concentrated on her task, mopping up the rest of the blood with the strip of cloth that was already soaked through. Medigel was something she had not left home with... all she had left after last night's assignment was simply her basic gear. She'll scold herself later over it, more important things now to deal with. And it wasn't like she expected to be dragged out into battle right after leaving her home.

“Barely,” Raziya answered the Spectre about his driving skills. She relaxed just enough that the blue biotics dissipated and she lowered her gun to the ground. “I think they could use a little bit of work. Maybe next time, could you keep our car from exploding?” She looked back at the wreckage, suddenly relieved to have found she had survived that crash. Somehow. “All the good my shooting did back there... We would still have been dead if not for her.” Looking back to Bane, Razi snorted in disbelief at their luck that it was one and the same. “At least that's some good news.” She did not thank Bane, leaving that to Felix. Maybe later, but right now the krogan looked like she needed this kind of fun and it was awkward for Raziya to thank her during the bloodshed.

Raziya took a step back to allow the turian to take the lead. Introductions, suicidal requests to take the krogan's hostage... She was not going to get involved with that. Instead, she looked to Bane and her response. Her hand tightened for a moment on the pistol still in her hand when it looked that Bane was going to fight her so-called partner. When Bane relented, Razi thought it was safe to say, “You forgot the part when you said we were going to talk this krogan, Bane, into coming with us. From what I've seen already, there will be plenty of Cerberus agents to beat to death in the future if you do,” she said the last directly to the krogan for the first time. Her grey eyes finally took in the much larger female alien, from her armor to her red plates. It was only then that she finally put her pistol back in its holster and crossed her arms.

The near death experience had definitely rattled the young woman, and she stood back to watch the turian do his job. She had learned long ago never to interfere, lest they lose valuable information or she gets that anger redirected at her. Still, she stood just close enough by the pair to available for any assistance if the agent escaped in any way, as well as within hearing distance.

Benathorn
    Benathorn
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Benathorn Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:44 am

Ғɛℓιϰ ˩ɛɛ Δяcтʋяισʋƨ

~. Turian .~ Male ~. 31 ~. Soldier .~ “You’re the monsters, not me!”.~

Felix did not move as Bane drew her massive head towards his. She scrutinized him and he watched as her pupils went from large to small, examining him and judging him like a predator. Her sneer turned into a grin as she finally relinquished the agent and warned him to not disappoint. He really did not expect a Krogan to give up a kill so easily, but blinked to her as Raziya made sure to remind him what they were here for. “I have not forgotten. Bane can judge if she wants to join or not, right now I want to talk to him…” Felix bent down and examined the Cerberus agent as the human’s helmet was partly shattered and showed the eye of an older individual filled with hate. Felix felt anger in return and picked the man up, forcing him to stand when he knew he could not. The male grunted under the pain of balancing on one leg with the other a bloody mess. He dragged him quickly over to the parked transit and slammed his back into the side. The human let a painful grunt escape and spat a bloodied curse while Felix kept a stone grip on his neck. “Care to explain why you tried to kill me and my friend?” His voice was light but it held a seething anger in every word he spoke.

The Cerberus Agent’s face was reeling from the effort to stand but still managed to glare at him through his cracked helmet. “Screw. You.” He managed the gurgle as blood welled from his mouth. Felix was not amused and tilted his head before slamming the man’s helmet into the transit and pulling him back up, “Wrong answer. Let’s try again shall we? Who sent you and why come after us?” The human laughed this time and sputtered red blood, “You think I would tell you? You’re a Specter, and we have been picking off you guys for months now. Amazing how the great Specters of the Council fall so easily. Always traveling alone and acting like they are superior…all you aliens are the same!” Felix fluttered his mandibles as his anger began to rise and slammed the man’s head against the metal car once more, but this time over and over till he finally brought him back up. “Wrong again!” He threw the man to the ground and forced his head to look at the other two dead Cerberus agents. “Look at them; do you not care about your comrades? Is this what Cerberus stands for? Well let me tell you something about me, I’m not like other Specters and I never travel alone. You fight like scavengers and without honor if you took on a single Specter with great numbers. How many of you have died in trying to just kill one of us, huh?”

The man glared up at him through gritted teeth and grunted in anger, “I won’t talk Turian! Your kind are monsters, ever since the first contact wars, I saw what your race did. How they tortured my comrades and killed off innocents! Cerberus does not stand for that. We fight for the good of humanity and your human friend over there and that Krogan are just like you. Any human who are friends with you aliens are just as bad as them, and Cerberus will show the other races who is really in charge!” Felix listened to him in silence, his talons gripped ever tighter around the man’s neck as he chocked his words out. Mandibles flared and teeth bared, Felix let a deep growl escape as he brought the human’s face close to his, “You’re the monsters, not me! You’re the ones who take innocents and capture families! Tell me where they are; tell me where my family is you bastard!” The human was bleeding profusely from his mouth as the glass from his helmet had punctured his face after the abuse, and his eyes began to swell shut. He simply laughed weakly in Felix’s face which made him throw him to the ground and summon his omni-blade.

Felix jumped on top of the Cerberus agent and drew back his arm as he readied for a killing thrust. One arm pulled back and the other holding the man’s neck, Felix’s eyes were wide and filled with hate for the human. The male blamed him for simply being a Specter and a Turian for all his problems? Felix was only one when the wars took place and had no part in it, but this man had probably killed many of his kind for a stupid war. Yet now he was fighting for what?! For the good of humanity? They even killed their own kind and called it justified! Felix growled as he readied for the killing blow, but suddenly stopped himself. He had promised….promised to not kill like this again….but he wanted to so badly! The human deserved it, he deserved more than just a quick kill by a blade, but yet Felix was fighting himself. It took everything he had to whisper to the human once more in a low growl, “Who sent you, and where are you taking the slaves by the docks?” The Cerberus agent looked up at him with glassed eyes. Blood slowly pooled from his mouth and nose as he choked out a response. “I work for the Illusive Man…no one knows who he is though…tough luck for you huh? The slaves…those that we bought, we saved…for a better purpose…to further humanities goal…” Felix narrowed his eyes and let the tension in his arm thrust into the man’s helmet. The blade stabbed easily through the material and skull, and the man’s life ended quickly. It was more than he deserved…and he had finally broken his promise as a piece of himself felt like it had shattered as well.

It was not much to go on and Felix got up from the bloody mess. He could see the red stain which plagued his hands and parts of his armor from the initial thrust. The smell of human blood and burnt oil was everywhere, as he suddenly found it hard to breath. He was very angry and upset with not only himself but for hesitating. He should have drawn that out much longer, he could have gotten more information, but Harry’s words kept getting into his head. He felt anger towards her, for deluding his thoughts with petty words of restraint and forgiveness. Cerberus was the true monster here, not him, and if Harry saw him that way then so be it! He should not care for what one human thought anyway, and clenched his hands at his new resignation. No more restraint. It would just get them killed and he looked up to Bane and Raziya, neither of them had those cursed clear eyes of innocence. Their stares were hard, stern, and filled with the past which made them into what they were. If they took into account every individual’s good side like Harry did then they would get nowhere. Felix’s features were cold as he walked back to Bane and looked to her with an unwavering gaze. “I’m going after Cerberus and this Illusive Man. If you want credits and a chance to kill then you’re welcome to join.”

Felix looked to Raziya with a conflicted gaze, he paused for a moment and fluttered his mandibles as if to say something but stopped himself. For some reason he felt terrible for what he had done, but did not see much way around it. “You’re still welcome to come too Raziya. I would understand if did not though…” Turning away, Felix opened the transit that the dead Cerberus agents had driven, and got in. He looked over his shoulder back to them and motioned them to get in if they wanted to join. “If you guys have any unfinished business you better tell me now so we can get it out of the way. I plan on figuring out where they are taking these slaves and how many Cerberus bastards we can kill in the process.” He was in no mood to joke at the moment, and wished for some normalcy in his life. All this conspiracy crap was getting to him, and he would probably need to visit Leon later on for advice. Too much confliction would just cloud his mind and he needed to figure this out if he was to continue on. He would not lead anyone before he had a clear head, that would just get them all killed, and right now he had better get his priorities straight if they were to survive all this. He would also need to message Harry, though he may have killed the man while he was defenseless, he would still keep his promise to let her lead the mission. He just hoped she would still be willing to speak to him after all that had happened the night before. This night however, was such a stark difference to when he was dancing and enjoying himself. Now he was back to killing remorsefully and without regret...but his family's lives were on the line. He had to find them. He needed to hurry, before it was too late...

Mass Effect: Book 1- Transgressions (Complete) - Page 2 Empty Contract, Accepted.

Post  Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:06 am

Bane watched with critical eyes as Felix "interrogated" him, a permanent scowl etched in her face. All the information she need was in his words and actions. Every move, every word, every expression told a story. It was obvious that the turi-..Felix had a personal vendetta against Cerberus. Very personal. Her suspicions were confirmed as she heard him growl at the agent, asking 'where his family was'.

Bane's plates bristled and rose to their vibrant crimson. Cerberus had a definite death wish. Involved in taking her clan and apparently this Specter's. Idiots. Bane growled and grinned, enjoying the sight of the final blow. Quick and Clean. But was that...hesitation? She didn't expect that from this Turian, but that was obviously a personal matter. Something that was none of her business.

She was jarred from her private thoughts as Felix beckoned them to come, sitting in the only transit that hadn't been blasted into oblivion. Bane's eyes cast down to the floor. This decision was not hard at all, but the possible consequences made her pause. She wanted so badly to get off this rock and hunt. Hunt. Kill. She released a heavy breath and approached the transit, glaring in at the Turian. "If your little job involves crushing a few more heads, then i'm in. But-" Bane leaned into the door, her silver eyes staring into his,"You gotta Earn my respect, Turian.", she growled, sitting down in the back seat. She didn't ;ike the idea of working with a council Specter, but the alluring thought of getting off the Citadel and making some kills was far too good to pass up.

Post  Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:09 am

HARRIET JULIANA TORCH
    ~FEMALE~21~HUMAN~SOLDIER~

A small smile crossed her lips at his comment. Maybe the meaning of dancing had been misinterpreted between species, maybe Turians did that all the time while dancing. No, she was clutching at thin air. She just didn't understand it. She didn't understand why he had held her like that, why he had run, or why she felt so flustered because of it. Walking calmly beside him felt so forced. She wanted to talk to him, to find out what he was thinking. Instead, she just bit her lip and concentrated on walking in a straight line and not letting the alcohol disrupt her sense of balance. The tram wasn't a long walk away, but she walked with feigned confidence, eager to keep control. The last thing she wanted was to show like she was reacting to what had happened. It was best to just mirror Felix and to act as if nothing had happened. She couldn't hide her surprise at the mention of the terrorist group. "Yes, I remember," she murmured, a frown appearing on her face as she looked down. How could she forget? It was a seemingly unprovoked attack on Chora's Den the other day, with thugs and even soldiers attacking civilians. It made her feel a little sick.

"So two organised projects. One was Chora's Den, the other the slavers ship. Might be bigger than what we expect," she said, trying to make sense through the fuzziness of her brain. She blinked a couple of times, trying to focus on the information floating around her head that was now starting to ache. This would have to be sorted out tomorrow, she thought to herself as she gripped onto the handrail to keep herself steady. She looked up at Felix as he spoke again, this time of her boss. She grimaced, remembering the kiss that Trilion had stolen from her. "Nothing of any major importance. I know that they have high tech equipment, though their ship is in need of upgrading apparently," she shrugged, thinking bitterly to herself that the information was hardly worth the trouble she had put up with. She stepped off the tram with him in silence and looked up at him as he stopped infront of her. They were close to her apartment, close to ending the night. She watched him as he tried to speak. Was he going to say something about what had happened? She waited patiently, trying to think up what she would say in reply, though felt her shoulders sag slightly as his words met her ears.

He wasn't looking at her as he quickly made his goodbye and left. She watched him in silence, feeling confused and frustrated, frowning at him as he made his way down the ward. She sighed and shook her head. Until tomorrow then. She walked back home in silence, rode the elevator in silence and entered her home in silence. She stood by the door for a few minutes, looking at the empty apartment and feeling drained. She kicked off her shoes and stepped down, her feet gasping in relief after being subjected to high heels. She walked across her apartment and got herself a glass of water to clear her head when she noticed her terminal. Not one to frequently check her emails, she sat down and crossed her legs on the chair before clicking open her inbox. Her mouth grew dry, her stomach dropping through the floor, a lump in her throat caught her small gasp.

Sent: 09:45pm Today
    Subject: Hope everything is going well!

Harriet,

I hope that university is suiting you well. I'm currently stationed on the Citadel and will be home in time for Christmas. I know its been a long time since I've been back, but this time, I'm sure I'll be home.

See you then!

Your Father.

She stared at the screen, her mouth slightly open. Her father, a man of few words, was the last person she wanted to be thinking about right now. He said he was coming home. She might see him for the first time in six years. It had been so long. Her heart longed for her to hit reply, to send him an email about how she couldn't wait to see him, how she missed him. He was her only family. Then another, darker part of her wanted to scream and swear at him. How could he have left her, a child, to grow up by herself? Then there was another part of her that just wanted to tell him everything. How she had run away, joined the Alliance and then quit. However, despite how long it had been since they had seen each other, she knew him. Though charming and kind when happy, her father was unpleasant and cruel when he didn't get his own way. She pulled her knees up to her chest and hugged them, still staring at the words on the screen. He was on the Citadel. What if they ran into each other? She dreaded to think how that conversation. Shuddering, she turned off the terminal and stood up, wobbling slightly on the ascent. She had to stay strong. She swallowed the dread and made her way to her bedroom where she changed clumsily into her sleeping wear and fell onto the bed and was instantly asleep.

She woke up gasping. It had not been an easy night. The alcohol, instead of numbing her mind, had filled it with vivid dreams of her father. Dreams where he would send her home, shout at her, hurt her. She was scared of him, she had accepted that, but to this extent? She rolled over the tangled sheets to check the time. Her eyes widened as the blue light illuminated her face. 11am?! She sat bolt upright and leapt out of bed. Trying to ignore the blood rushing around her head and making her dizzy, she scrambled around trying to find something to wear. Cursing loudly, she burst into the main room, wearing her top around her neck and one foot in her trousers. She hopped around trying to get herself dressed as fast as possible and trying to throw something together for her to eat. Bread and an apple should do it. Cramming the apple into her mouth, her eyes found the terminal. Remembering the email from the night before, she sat down at it, pulling her black t-shirt over her and turning it on. She was surprised to spot two new emails, one from Trilion and one from Felix. She frowned at the screen and opened the one from Trilion. Apparently he had been found by a C-sec agent and was locked up for his behaviour. She scoffed sightly as she read his pleas for her to go and bust him out. She closed it without replying. Those days were behind her, she was ready to face bigger and better things. She opened the message from Felix next, and felt her good mood evaporate faster than a krogan would destroy a teddy bear. Well, so much for going to the wards. She bit her lip and frowned. This certainly was a last minute decision, what convinced Felix to change his mind? With a sigh, she rose to her feet, knowing that if she even looked at that message from her father, her mood would drop further.

Making a quick decision to wear her armour instead of normal clothes, she got changed in silence, making her mind up about what she was to do. Getting Trilion sorted out seemed like the best idea, as, if by the end of this, if she didn't have a job then she'd be in some real trouble. Holstering her favourite heavy pistol and assault rifle onto her back, she left the dingy apartment without a second glance. Hell, she might even be able to push for a raise if she cleared Trilion...somehow. The journey to C-Sec, where Trilion was being held was a good hour away by foot, though she didn't rush. Instead, she spent her time looking at the passers by, trying to guess what they thought of the short blonde girl who was armed to the brim in light blue armour, casually strolling through the wards.

The C-Sec building was overflowing with busy officers so they barely gave her a second glance as she walked in and found a receptionist looking human female. "Hi, I'm looking to see someone about the turian named Trilion. He's been staying here overnight apparently," she said smoothly, pretending to know what she was doing. The female nodded and started a call, though Harry's attention was elsewhere. She had just spotted Leon, Felix's boss. She opened her mouth to say something but then remembered that they had hardly spoken on friendly terms the last time they had seen each other. Instead, she closed her mouth, hung her head, and faced away from him. His conversation with another turian reached her ears however. "No, I want Ward 17 kept clear. Arcturious is meant to be meeting a possible krogan comrade there, however I don't doubt that there will be gunfire. I don't want any interference, this can't look like a C-Sec investigation, do you hear?" Leon said hurriedly, walking straight past Harry and down the corridor adjacent to her. She looked up just before he had disappeared out of sight and there was a moment, a split second where their eyes met. She met his with a cool determination, her jaw set, her fists clenched. He disappeared from view, though did not reappear which Harry took as a good sign. She glanced down at the woman infront of her and forced a smile. "Sorry, just remembered, he wanted me to pick him up tomorrow. Sorry to waste your time," she said quickly before turning on her heel and striding to the nearest transit point.

As she sat down on the transit, on her way to Ward 17, she thought about what she was going to run into. Gunfire. Was she ready for this? Now that the strong defiance had ebbed away, she was struck by reality. It was like she had dived into a deep pool. She had no idea what was at the bottom, or what she would face along the way. Would she even get there in time? She pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed just as the transit pulled to a stop. She stood up warily and exited, looking around. She had no idea what to expect. Felix and the krogan could be having lunch or they could be in a blood battle to the death. She shuddered and walked cautiously on. She turned a corner and walked down a corridor, clutching onto her beloved heavy pistol and feeling a flicker of hesitation. No, she had to remember her training. Taking deep breaths, she continued on.

What she saw as she turned the corner made her feel sick. She felt herself pale, her lips grow dry. She watched helplessly as Felix delivered a final blow, she watched as the man's live ebbed away. Her mouth dropped open slightly and she felt her grip on her gun loosen. She hadn't seen the whole thing, she didn't understand what was going on. What she did know though, was that Felix had taken that life brutally and cruelly. She stared blankly at him as he stood up and made his way to the transit. He looked so cold, so distant. Would she become like this? Cruel? She couldn't move from where she stood and instead turned her attention to the fallen man. Once Felix, the other human and the krogan and made their way to the transit, she found her feet. Stepping forwards, she knelt down beside the man and inspected him. She grimaced at the blood and tried her best to ignore it as she looked him up and down. That symbol... she recognised it from somewhere. He was heavily decked out in armour, could this be that terrorist group? She bit her lip and scanned his omnitool, though there was nothing on it so she figured that it must have been wiped. She cursed under her breath and stood up, trying to figure out what she could do next.

Skeseth
    Skeseth

Post  Skeseth Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:22 pm

It had to be done. Raziya didn't take joy in watching torture but it had to be done. She was just guarding from her post nearby, making sure no other Cerberus agents decided to ambush them while they were distracted, as she had done many times before in the various jobs she took. Usually, they were just people asking if she could guard a dealer (drugs, illegal firearms, information) while they sold to their clients. She had been many things including a lookout for C-sec officers, distractions for officers or rival gangs, even bait. And then it got more serious... She helped in assassinations, but never actually did the murder. She actually did the delivering of classified objects or goods, very illegal, to large mercenary groups. It was dangerous but she never associated herself with only one group, and it helped save her life although it did not limit the threats from them. Eventually she would have to make a choice.

She pulled her thoughts out from the dark spiral of getting in deeper with these illegal activities. Her record was plenty tainted, regardless, even if she never did participate fully. And joining up with a Spectre was not likely to help. Razi's face was impassive as she finally focused on the ordeal, the human refusing to answer Felix's first questions, insulting the turians, yadda yadda... the usual expected from pro-human enthusiasts. But then he had to bring her into it and she bristled in returned and glared over at the Cerberus agent. “What a load of shit,” she growled out. The agent likely was too busy listening to Felix than to actually pay her any attention. Not that he'd be alive long to listen to her, anyway. She stepped closer to Bane, her anger growing at the scene instead of being passive about this questioning.

It was Felix snapping about his family that made her head jerk up in surprise. To have found out his personal reasoning behind this hunt... this anger. She clenched her jaw and tightened her fists at her side as they turned white in hatred. But it was all directed towards Cerberus. Raziya did not even flinch when the Spectre finally snapped and stabbed through the man, ending his life. She stared down at the blood, standing by the edge of it even as she half-listened to Felix and later Bane when she agreed to join the turian in his hunt.

“They'd sooner kill off their own kind without reason and pretend it was for the good of humanity, even if we've never found any of your other races around. It's a compliment to be paired up with a krogan and a turian than to be called equal to these disgusting creatures,” she mused more to herself, but loud enough to be heard. The short woman sneered down at the dead man before looking up to meet the turian's eyes with her own fierce expression. “And why would I not join?” Without looking down anymore, ignoring the dead without any respect, she made her way to the transit. “You promised credits and dammit, Spectre, I expect them. Getting rid of this brainwashing son of a-- well, it's just a bonus. The galaxy is better without that kind around, and so will my work.”

Not that she will be around to continue her line of work after all this... Raziya looked down at herself, silent for only a second more, before turning to Felix. “Family. I understand. There isn't much time for unfinished business.” Was that sympathy in her voice? It was about as far as 'I'm sorry this is happening to you' she was going to get, in her own way. It was gone as she cleared her throat immediately after and frowned; there was, however, just enough time for her unfinished business and she was going to lay it out on him before she stepped into that transit. “I want you to promise the credits can be sent to my mother, Theresa Arauxo, regardless of what happens to me. She has had no business with any of my dealings and I want to be sure she is safe and not connected to this. I want this set up immediately. You're a Spectre afterall.” Her mortality was suddenly in question, and to have died just moments before without any insurance that her mother would be safe. It scared her. “I didn't expect when I followed you this morning to be thrown into a fight immediately, so I'll need to make a stop to pick up her old armor and leave a message.” That was her list of things to do.

Raziya smirked at Bane when the krogan said the turian needed to earn her respect. Her... Razi liked. She began to understand Felix in the little time they had been together, but Bane was a mystery. Was she just bloodthirsty for war as all krogans were, was there something else? Raziya respected the mystery and anyone that kept to themselves. She tried her best to live that way and survive.

Just as she was going to join the krogan and sit down in the transit with the others, her eyes caught movement. It was all instinct, the way she reacted without hesitation. Her pistol was in her hand before she fully swung around. Her other arm jerked out defensively and a flare of biotics sent the dead body next to Harry skidding across the floor. Did she miss or was it on purpose? Who knows, but she still had her weapon as backup! “Don't move!” All Raziya caught from the corner of her eye was another heavily armed and armored human standing by the dead Cerberus agent, and even though she had no weapon in hand, Razi wasn't taking any chances.

Benathorn
    Benathorn
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Benathorn Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:33 pm

Ғɛℓιϰ ˩ɛɛ Δяcтʋяισʋƨ

~. Turian .~ Male ~. 31 ~. Soldier .~ “I did what was necessary.”.~

Felix had gotten up from the bloody scene and turned to each of his potential comrades. Bane seemed in on it, weather for the bloodshed or for personal matters, he could not yet say. When he had asked Raziya about continuing to stay on, he admitted, it did surprise him what her response was. He had heard her cursed the Agent for grouping her along with the rest of the alien species that were not human. Subjugating her to the same scrutiny that Cerberus perceived all other races and basically calling her as bad as them for even conversing with others that were not her own kind. What she had said was basically what he said to the Cerberus Agent before he killed him. They did not care even about their own race, and would sacrifice them for the good of humanity. But Raziya had taken it as a complement and Felix could not help but grin at her response. “Heh, your right. I did indeed promise you credits and I always try to keep my promises in some way or another. Glad to see killing Cerberus is like a bonus for you.” His mood slightly lightened to her firm response on joining them, but he stiffened a bit when she mentioned family.

So they had heard? Of course they did, he had said it loud enough to that agent, everyone around would have heard him spout his anger. He felt embarrassed for letting his anger reveal his personal vendetta. It was shameful to be upset with Cerberus for just that, but it was also so much more, his family missing just added to all this mess in the end and it was Obvious Cerberus needed to be stopped. Their ideals…they were wrong, he just knew it. But it was Raziya’s subtle sympathy that made him really look at her. She did not come across as someone who gave her regards that easily, and he had to remind himself that she was a human rather than a Turian. She certainly spoke like one, even her mannerisms fooled his mind to react as with his own kind. He gave her a small nod in return, saying nothing, but appreciative for her understanding in the matter. He kept an even stare on her as she suddenly revealed more about herself, laying out what she needed from him and telling him of her mother and realizing she was in the same predicament as he was. It could not be easy for the human female to reveal her personal matters. She had to have been frightened by the sudden fight they were thrown into; he admitted to himself that he was. If Bane had not been there then they may have well been dead by now. Her caution was understandable, and he nodded to her slowly as he bought up his Omni-tool.

Felix logged into his Specter account and set up a transfer to a Ms. Theresa Arauxo. It was a fair sum of his tripled pay, and he even got a transfer going for Bane as well. That divided his salary into three ways, and he really could care less about credits at this point. Besides, from what he could tell, the Council would provide him with what he needed most. “There, promise kept. I have transferred the credits to your mother’s account.” Felix closed his omni-tool and gave Raziya a more understanding glance; he understood why she was doing this. After all, anyone of them could die the next day, and she wanted to ensure that her loved ones did not suffer from her leaving. Today made that apparently clear, but Felix would rather they all come out alive at the end of all this. “Well, I certainly did not expect to be thrown so quickly into a fight either. It is unsettling to say the least, their tenacity for killing off anyone who comes too close means they are hiding something big. I want to know what that is…” His words grew icy as he mentioned that last part and got into the transit as Bane confirmed she would join. Her remark to him about earning her trust made him grin back to her in a playful challenge. “I would not have it any other way. Krogan.” It was what he expected, he understood that trust had to be gained and he had two individuals now that he was trying to better understand. Raziya he felt he was starting to comprehend more. Though human, she had the air of a Turian to him and she seemed to think the same way as he did. Kill because it is necessary, fight to live another day, and always expect the unexpected. That was drilled into him when he underwent military training, and although his kind was much more violent when it came to this, Felix was conflicted lately on how best take someone’s life. For Turians it was easy, but then he was never really that good of a Turian to begin with. He leaned back in his seat, taking in all that had just happened and recalling that this mission was still to be led by Harry. Weather Bane and Raziya would follow her was a different matter. She did not operate like the rest of them; she would not accept their methods killing.

Pulling up his Omni-tool once me, he was about to send her message when a call from Leon came in. Felix flicked the intercom on and saw the older Turian’s face appear on his orange screen. “Felix? What the hell happened down at the wards? I’ve got word there was an explosion, is everything alright?” There was concern in the older males pale blue eyes but also stress in his voice as Felix responded. “Cerberus surprised us with an attack while we were on our way over here. The transit we were in got destroyed but we were able to re-group and eliminate the enemy thanks to our new Krogan friend here.” He gave a nod back to Bane who was sitting in the back seat with her usual scowl as Leon narrowed his eyes. “That human you were with back at Chora’s Den. She was at C-sec less than an hour ago. Caught her eye, but I think she is on her way over to your location when she overhead me speak with one of my cadets.” Felix’s heart skipped a beat to this; Harry was on her way here? His eyes darted behind him as Raziya shouted and pointed her gun at someone. “Felix, listen to me! You can’t let personal matters get involved in all this. You must keep a level head-” Felix had switched off the com as he jumped out of the vehicle and hurried over to Raziya.

The human had thrown a biotic burst which sent the dead body of the Cerberus agent skidding across the pavement. Her shout for the figure to not move made him hold up his hand quickly, as he first recognized the clear scent of Harry. “Don’t shoot! She’s a friend.” Or at least he still hoped she was. He could not be sure now that she had seen all this. His face still had red blood splashed across it and his armor and hands were also stained crimson. His green eyes flashed back to Raziya to try and confirm that this human was not a threat. He understood her dislike for her own kind but right now he was weary as well. “Harry…I did not expect you here. I was about to message you about the slavers. I recovered more information on what Cerberus is up to. About got killed in the process but it was worth it.” His demeanor lightened, eyes lit up, as his voice become lighter like he had always spoken to her with. He pointed to the wrecked transit that was now more a pile of melted metal then a distinguishable vehicle. “That was fun, you would have enjoyed the car chase me and Raziya were in. Cerberus came on us with a surprise attack, but my awesome driving skills totally saved us.” He smiled but quickly washed it away as he kicked himself.

He was acting completely different. Talking to her like nothing had transpired over the past day when he realized the difference in her eyes. He narrowed his green ones in return and took a step back towards Raziya and Bane; his voice grew more cautious and deep as he fluttered his mandibles. “How much did you see?” Hollowed, his voice was hallow like before as he corrected his demeanor and stood taller. Something was off about her; something was different with the way she looked at him. He felt his blood boil at her scent and he took a more aggressive stance as he finally backed up to stand with Raziya who had refused to lower her gun just yet. What had he expected? She had come here to find three dead bodies, Felix covered in blood as well as Raziya, and a huge Krogan at their back. This had to all look very bad to the human, but he still bristled in wait for her response. He had not informed her yet of his Specter status, of the disappearance of his family, and it was a split second decision that he had recruited two individuals. He did not have time when they were at Flux, he had just got back from the Primarch, but he should have told her then. He should have informed her before he had left. So many feelings were swirling within and he did not realize he was growling and glaring at her.

Why the aggression all of the sudden? Harry had done nothing wrong, but he still felt like she challenged him in some way, and he responded like he would to another of his kind. It took great effort on his part to get himself under control as he finally broke the silence, “This is still your mission Harry. You can still lead it, I will still follow you.” His eyes did not break from her gaze as he tried to calm himself. He looked to the dead bodies and back to her, and knew she would not agree with his methods. “I did what was necessary. They have my family Harry and I will do what it takes to get them back, no matter the cost.”

Post  Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:00 am

HARRIET JULIANA TORCH
    ~FEMALE~21~HUMAN~SOLDIER~

The body had barely moved an inch, the blue lit force had barely appeared before her eyes when she had drawn her gun. Swivelling with a forceful speed, she raised her heavy pistol and looked down the barrel at a human female; the female who had stood by while Felix had killed this man. Harry's eyes were narrowed, her expression dangerous, her stance still, trained and deliberate. She reacted on impulse and had to stop herself from pulling the trigger. Her finger was tense, ready to twitch at any other hostile signs, her body equally tense, ready to dive to her side to cover. She scanned the room mentally, remembering the features and objects which she could use to her advantage. Her eyes narrowed further at the woman's words. Who was she to command her like that? She had left the Alliance for a reason; she hated being ordered about by people she did not know or trust. The woman before her filled neither of the categories. She was a stranger and not one to be taken lightly, Harry thought to herself as she remembered how nonchalant the stranger was about Felix's cruel actions. Harry's lips parted as her face darked further. She didn't trust herself to talk, it would only lead to an argument or worse. Instead she remained still, ready to move at any second, surveying and inspecting the woman before her.

The sound of a second voice made Harry's eyes move from the woman and to the Turian. Felix. A flicker of happiness rose within her though she quickly extinguished it. Her softened features returned to their darkened state, her gun that had fallen a couple of inches returned to its original height. He looked like he was in a right state. The blood that did not belong to him was splattered across his face and armour glittered ominously in the low light. It scared her. More than she wished it would. What had happened here? Trying to stifle her quickened heartbeat, she considered lowering her gun, though she didn't trust the two strangers. She didn't even feel a flicker of curiosity at seeing a female krogan for the first time. Instead, distrust flooded her veins.

Her eyes flicked back to Felix as he spoke, her face remaining dark, eyes still narrowed, though she lowered her gun and straightened. She turned her blue eyes to the woman and watched her for a few seconds, her expression distrusting and cautious. Hating herself for lowering her weapon when surrounded by uncertainties, she breathed in deeply, sucking in the air that she hadn't realised she had been starving herself of. Her attention returned to Felix as he smiled. Normally it would make her smile, but instead, her eyes narrowed further. The blood on his face did not help his cause in making it seem better than what it was.

His step back, his hollowed voice, only made her more mad. How much had she seen? "Enough," she spat, taking a forceful step towards him, not breaking eye contact with his narrowed green eyes. "Enough to know that you owe me a huge fucking explanation Felix," she growled, her grip on her gun that was hanging in her hand tightening dangerously. The growls that reached her ears, instead of making her stop, made her even more furious. "Don't growl at me Felix, don't you dare. Don't you dare," she hissed, returning the glare. "I don't know what the fuck is going on, but you'd better explain this to me or I'm out. I'm not going to get involved with this shit." The swearing helped a surprising amount, and she'd barely started. "You know what I want Felix, but this is not it," she said, her voice quieter, her chest heaving as she took another step forward. She lifted her chin boldly, looking up at him and hating the height difference. "I trusted you," she whispered, unable to look away from him, her face softer, hurt. It was more than the shooting. She trusted him much more than she should have. And then he had gone ahead and gotten himself in a situation like this without even a thought to her. If he had died, she would have broken. Felix was her only path to achieving her dream, her only hope, her only escape. And he'd gone and threatened that. He had no idea of how hurt she was.

She stepped away from him and looked away. "No," she said, her voice strong. "I can't lead this." She no longer wanted to. First, she knew she wouldn't be able to control Felix when in another situation like this. He would revert back to his old cruel ways and she'd be stuck with it. Secondly, she just couldn't bring herself to leading those two strangers. She knew nothing about them, know nothing of their abilities. She would end up making the wrong decisions even if she tried to lead them. Plus she doubted that they would want a drop out from the Alliance leading them, especially when the Alliance was so popular at the moment. It was a stupid idea that would just lead to mutinous feelings. She looked up at him again and caught his gaze. The anger slowly seeped from her system as she did so, her heart rate and breathing rate returning to a normal tempo.

His next words made her gasp. Her eyes widened slightly at the news, her lips parted, her face paling. "Felix..." she said softly, her voice trailing off. She didn't know what to say. She tried to say something but could not piece together the right words. She would never know what this would feel like, nor would it have the same effect on her if it did happen. She struggled for a few seconds before taking a step forwards and putting a hand on his blood splattered shoulder. "I'm sorry," she murmured, before saying with a stronger voice, "Felix...we'll get them back. I promise."

Mass Effect: Book 1- Transgressions (Complete) - Page 2 Empty Confuzzled Krogan

Post  Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:06 am

"We won't get Anything, standin' here all damn day.", the Krogan growled, sitting sideways out of the Transit. Bane didn't even bother getting up for the whole ordeal, not even with pistols aimed. Only an idiot would try and kill a Krogan with small arms. Suicidal is more like it.

Bane gave a heavy sigh, sounding almost like a growl as she gave the group her usual silver eyed scowl. "Well?" Her voice was getting more harsh the longer they did nothing. Irritation pricking at the krogan's plates. "Lets get a move on, Love Birds. I'm getting bored as we speak."
    Skeseth
    Skeseth

Post  Skeseth Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:23 am

Raziya hovered close. It wasn't like she could actually look over the turian's shoulder, as short as she was, but she could definitely keep a sharp eye on him until she felt certain that he kept his deal. With a sharp nod afterwards, trying not to look uncomfortable after revealing that bit of personal information, she sealed the deal. Mentally, that is. She appraised the krogan female as well, glad to have her on her side and would have said more about it if it were not for the sudden new arrival.

Biotics highlighted her body as she held her pistol steady and aimed directly at the center of Harry's chest. Staring down the barrel of the other woman's gun did not make her sweat at all; she was frozen, ready between shooting and throwing up a barrier if a hair so much as flicked on the blonde. The anger around her body was nearly tangible around her, keeping her aim steady even after Felix reassured her that the other woman was not the enemy. “Not so sure I believe you,” she growled back at the turian. It did not make her lower her weapon, not at all. Razi had just met the Spectre, and the krogan, and suddenly this third arrival. But so far, it was humans that had been trying to kill them and this woman did not look like a friendly right at the moment. Not with that look, with that gun steadily aimed back at her...

Grey eyes finally moved, just briefly, to give the turian a glance as he stepped back at them. She still kept the other woman within her peripheral sights. Whatever was going on between these two now... Did she want to get involved or step back and let them fight it out? The glow around her flickered out and her eyes snapped back as she followed Harry's movement of her gun. Lower... Safer... Razi was mirroring Harry's movements at a slower pace, more hesitantly, but it did not last long. Instinct immediately had her weapon trained back to the woman when she took a step forward angrily. Sure, she knew it was all aimed at Felix right now but that did not stop Raziya's distrust. Her brows furrowed at Harry, trying to understand where her anger was coming from. It wasn't like he was doing anything that was not part of his job.

At last her gun lowered, raising a brow at the growling turian. Alright, he's got to deal with this... She figured she no longer had to keep a gun on the woman at this point. She still felt uncomfortable as she moved to stand closer to Bane back at the transit. “I'm with Bane here, no reason to wait around here.” She gave the disaster area a quick look around. Burning hover car, signs of battle, dead bodies... “Keep the drama with your angry girlfriend outside of the battlefield, Spectre,” she quipped between a lull between the angry pair, giving the turian an unamused look. “Not the sort of mission to have personal feelings involved, whatever they are, and we're just standing around waiting for Cerberus to target us again.”

Family was one thing... Significant others on the same team? Nope, not the sort of drama that Raziya wanted around, and she looked at Harry as if she were crazy anyway. That girl had no reason to be angry... Suddenly her eyes were burning a hole at the turian's back when he told the other human woman that it was her mission to lead. “Didn't sign up to be led around by a human,” she spat out without thinking, glaring over at the other angered woman when she refused. “Good. From the looks of it, it would be suicide for the team.” Even though they were all strangers still, she didn't really like Harry from her first impression. She snorted at the sudden change in behavior but bit her tongue to keep from commenting as she scanned the area instead.
    Benathorn
    Benathorn
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Benathorn Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:04 am

Mass Effect: Book 1- Transgressions (Complete) - Page 2 Felix__mass_effect_rp_character_by_benathorn-d5gtpq2
    Ғɛℓιϰ ˩ɛɛ Δяcтʋяισʋƨ

~. Turian .~ Male ~. 31 ~. Soldier .~ “Come on, you know you want to.”.~

Felix simply stared as Harry suddenly raged at him. Her swears and curses towards him were filled with hate and venom, as she threw each sentence and gave him an icy glare. He narrowed his in return, simply reacting to her body language as she clearly expressed how upset she was with the scene before her, but more so for being in the dark this whole time. He had certainly not meant to keep her out of any loop, it was just how this all turned out and so much had unexpectedly happened within the span of a single day. Harry cursed once more, demanding answers as she took a step towards him and craned her head to look up at his. This response made him stand taller and intake an angry huff of air that made his chest rise and fall steadily. His armor around his collar hid his face slightly as he had to stare down at her smaller stature. Sharp green eyes shadowed as his silver armor covered part his face from her point of view. She gave him a challenging gaze and if she had been a Turian he would have responded much differently to her domineering advances.

His mandibles clenched tightly against his dark features and he could feel his scar begin to ach against the side of his face and neck. It was taking a great effort on his part to keep reminding himself that Harry was a human. That he should not react the way he did with his own kind when others were in a disagreement. He could feel his skin grow hot as he stifled his growls as she commanded of him. He did not appreciate being told what to do, but obliged anyway to keep his mind busy and focused. His eyes flickered only once to her hand as it hovered over her pistol. Would she try to shoot him for what he had done? It would be a three on one fight but Felix found that he simply could not imagine himself even lifting a pistol to Harry. The thought made him finally look down at her as she fumed. He would let her vent, she seemed to need it, as her voice suddenly grew to a whisper and he had to tilt his head ever slightly to capture her words. ‘I trusted you’ she had spoken the words softly but each one seemed to penetrate his thoughts like daggers. Felix averted his gaze as she said this, his face still partially obscured by his collar. His eyes looked over the scene as the Cerberus bodies lay in their own pools of blood. The fire of the wrecked transit flickered across the scene, and cast its orange glow like subtle veil, over the human’s pale face.

There was more to her words than simply just losing her trust. He searched her face to figure out what but could not gleam the meaning behind them. It confused him while he finally told her that she still had the right to lead. She responded with conviction, as she clearly stated that she would not lead their group. The way she said it though, and how she looked at him when she did, made him narrow his eyes once more. Did she fear he would not listen to her? He had been supportive of her decisions thus far and had even restrained his actions as well. But she had not said anything to suggest this and he could only assume. It was best to leave assumptions out of this for now and to try and explain what had happened. He paused before he inhaled a few times to try and keep a leveled voice, even though his instincts told him to respond aggressively, he spoke with a level tone. “You recalled when I had to go visit the Primarch before Flux right? Well, turns out I got fired from C-sec and reassigned as a Specter. Father informed me of what had happened with the cruiser that held our family. It took us a while to pinpoint who had taken them but Leon was able gather intel that it was Cerberus.” He clicked his mandibles now as he tried to ease the tension in his body and explain to Harry what had transpired.

“Well, can’t fight Cerberus alone, so Leon gave me a few contacts which led me to Raziya and Bane. I learned pretty fast that both are good to have on your side when Cerberus decides to ambush you in a high speed transit chase.” He gave a quick look to the wrecked transit to their side, “Unfortunately we took too many hits and the vehicle gave out on us. Lucky for me and Raziya we were able to bail before the explosion, and then along came Bane to smash the agents trying to kill us.” He moved his eyesight towards the dead bodies and settled his sharp gaze back on Harry. “The Agent I killed, I did what was necessary. If he lived he would have re-grouped and come after us once more….you should have heard him Harry. He was a zealot, any human who associates with other aliens is considered just as bad to these men. They don’t deserve to be shown mercy, and right now they have three individuals who are very important to me.” He paused as silence filled the crackling air, “I can assure you that they are not showing any mercy on my family. I will make sure not to do the same for them.”

His words grew darker as he said this, his deep vibrating tone, filled with a quite anger as his eyes mirrored his intense hate for Cerberus. It made him growl threateningly, but not at her. He did not regret killing the agent and would gladly do it again if it brought him one step closer to finding his mother and siblings. This was how he always reacted when pitted against something he truly despised. Criminals, agents, assassins, each had to be brought to their knees for their crimes, but his brutality lately was surprising even himself. He did not want to resort to such violence nor allow it to overtake him, but he would not hesitate against his actions if they threatened those whom he cared about. He was taken by surprise though by Harry’s sudden change in tone as she laid a hand on his shoulder. Her features turning from stubbornly angry, to a softened remorse for his lose. He did not like this; he did not want anyone’s pity, especially not from Harry. But her words of promise for getting his family back made his expression soften a bit as he recalled how all this had started. Harry had been good on her word and he truly regretted that she still wished to be a part of all this. He finally spoke softly now as he looked away from her, “I’m sorry Harry. Just...for everything...” It was all he could really say, and Felix was apologizing for more than not informing her of all that had gone on.

His thoughts were interrupted by the gruff voice of Bane as she sat in the back seat of the transit behind them. Her grunt was filled with impatience as she voiced her usual blunt opinion for getting a move on. He had to agree with her on this, as his expression changed from a hidden darkness to his more usual light demeanor. He gave the Krogan a scowl however, for addressing his argument as a lovers quarrel. This was a very serious conversation, not some bought with a bond mate! He was about to voice his objections to the crimson female when Raziya pitched in her input on the matter as well. Though he was amused once more at how Turian she appeared to him, he gave her a dejected glare as she too made a jab like Bane’s. “Girlfriend? That must be a human thing because we Turians don’t have these ‘girlfriends’.” He made the universal sign for air quotes as he spoke the foreign word, not knowing its true meaning. “We have to first court our desired bond mate before even considering entering a relationship. Then the female has to accept the male’s face markings and add them to her own with the symbol of the bonded.” He pointed to his center plate on his forehead as he recited the information like it was common knowledge. “Then it’s gets a little iffy because the bonding process can be a bit violent and that’s if she even accepts you in the first place…” He shrugged and shook his head, “Way too much effort. I think I’ll stick to females who only want a one night stand for now. No female Turian would want someone like me anyway; I’m not really the type they are looking for.” He was happy to be back to his usual jokes and knew full well what they meant.

Giving a sly grin, as he turned to throw Harry a sideways glance, he eyed each individual before letting loose a heavy sigh as the tension of the whole situation seemed to be dissipating. “Alright, rough day everybody, but I say we did pretty good as a team.” He could see sparks flare from Raziya’s eyes as she glared at Harry, he was definitely missing something there, but could clearly see she had no love for the other human. Was it her aversion to her own species or just general dislike for the other female? A message from his omni-tool caught his attention as it beeped to inform him that Leon wanted them to meet at Chora’s Den. Was the place fixed already? It had been a week since the bombing from Cerberus, so he would not put it past the local gangs to get the place back up and running again. Either way, he walked lightly over to Raziya and gave her nudge before leaning on the transit hood, “No biting, ok? Besides I owe you and Bane a drink after all that mess, and right now I really just want to get blissfully drunk. How about Chora’s Den? It will help us all get to know each other better.” He gave Bane an alluring smile, knowing the Krogan would scowl at him for doing so, “Back on Palaven I was taught by some visiting Krogan how to chug down rancol. Damn stuff nearly fried my brain but boy was I happy afterwards! Mind you, I was only sixteen so I did a lot of stupid stuff that I can’t remember, but drinks are on me tonight if you two are willing.” He looked over his shoulder to Harry as he gestured her to come over.

“Harry, meet the gang. We have are very talented car shooter, Raziya, and the lovely Bane who is very good at smashing things in a matter of seconds.” He looked to each of them as he presented both with a wave of his talons. “Bane, Raziya, meet Harry. Now let’s all play nice and go get some drinks. Spirits know that I could use some since we get to meet my contact there. Maybe this time he won’t send me to my death!” Felix threw his arms up in exclamation to this and got in the driver’s seat; all the while giving Raziya a bright gaze over his shoulder, “Don’t worry, this time we won’t have to rely on my amazing driving skills to get us there. Although I’m always up for some fast speed cruising, you know, to keep my skills sharp and all.” He gave her a devious smile as he picked on her before turning the transit on and looking to Harry. “Come on Harry, you know you want to. Plus I get the chance to see if I can drink Bane under the table, twenty credits say I lose.” He waited for her response as he looked up at the light human female with expectant eyes and a smile.
    Benathorn
    Benathorn
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Benathorn Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:19 pm

Mass Effect: Book 1- Transgressions (Complete) - Page 2 Felix__mass_effect_rp_character_by_benathorn-d5gtpq2
    Ғɛℓιϰ ˩ɛɛ Δяcтʋяισʋƨ

~. Turian .~ Male ~. 31 ~. Soldier .~ “I’m so sorry, Harry…”.~

Everything was finally starting to turn around for them. The day had been hell, the cruiser crash with Cerberus and the fight with Harry had been enough to set him on edge, yet now they could all finally relax some with a few drinks. Felix had looked to Harry with his arm stretched to her with open talons, inviting her to come with them and for things to go back to normal once more. And it appeared like everything was about to as they all got into the transit and Harry seemed about to accept his invite. His eyes flickered suddenly though, as far off in the distance a red beam glared over him and the human. It took a fraction of a second to register the origin of the light’s harsh glare and to see it aiming for Harry’s head. The world around him seemed to stop. No matter how hard he willed himself to move he could not prevent the inevitable shot as the sound rang out and shattered the silence which overtook him. Felix tried to move forward. Tried to move Harry out of the way, but was met with her body beginning to slump, as crimson blood splattered over his face and torso. He had to blink as it stung his eyes and a sharp new taste laced his mouth and senses. Harry fell forward as he tried his best to catch her in the front seat and positioning his body to get her away from her assailant while also trying to shield her.

He grabbed her in his arms and moved her body behind the transit. “Raziya, Bane! Take care of the sniper!” His voice boomed out a command that he did not even have to think twice about. He willed the two to kill their attacker but even though anger filled his voice, it was an overwhelming emotion of worry that now made him look down at Harry. The human female had lost all color in her already pale features and her lips were turning an off blue. Her blood pooled from her golden fringe and began to mat its usual bright silky appearance. His talons cupped her head against his chest as the warm liquid slipped through his fingers and stained her armor and pink skin. He hated the sight of red now, where as his kind bled blue, human blood was becoming a recurring sight that he was starting to disdain. Red and blue was starting to have a similar meaning to him now, death.

“Harry! Harry wake up!” Felix tried to bring her closer to him to revive her but received no response. Immediately his training kicked in and he whipped out his omni-tool quickly to administer medi-gel into the fatal head wound. He was on his third administering when he realized that her wounds were still bleeding profusely. Felix was beginning to breath quickly now as his grip on her tightened and he flicked on his omni-tool once more to call for help. “Leon? Leon! Come quick we’ve got a team member down.” He did not even waste time on greeting the other Turian as his face flashed upon the screen and his expression changed to that of surprise. “What? Are you still back at the storage units?” Felix was growling as more and more blood just kept pooling all over him and Harry. It just wouldn’t stop! “Yes! Dammit Leon, just send a medical transit now! She’s dying!” He bellowed down at the officer as the orange glow flicked off, indicating that Leon was on his way. Felix just hoped he would hurry and that Harry would hold on till then.

It seemed like hours had passed as Felix slumped against the side of the transit. Harry lay limp in his arms as he kept her firmly in his grasp and against his chest. Their suites made it difficult, but her form seemed so much smaller now then what it used to be. She weighed nothing, her fringe was tangled and matted with blood, and it was all over them both. However, Felix did not care. He knew a sniper shot to the head meant instant death but he refused to let go. Felix was wrapped in Harry’s sent as it clung to them, and all he could do was look bleakly down at her frail form as a sudden wave of failure washed over him. This was his fault, he had apologized to her just moments before and now here she was laid dying in his arms. His eyes narrowed at these thoughts which tormented him now, “I’m so sorry, Harry…” His voice was failing him now as he tried to speak to her. His mandibles clicked ever faster as he tried to still himself. Felix gently moved some stray strands of her golden fringe from her pale features while the far off sounds of sirens erupted his quiet moment with his friend.

He felt her body being taken away from him as voices spoke and interrupted his thoughts. He was about to attack one of the nurses for daring to take Harry away, when a strong grip brought him to his senses. “Get a hold of yourself Felix!” Felix turned sharply to see Leon’s bright blue eyes bore into him as his steely grip tightened. “They are trying to help her. She needs medical attention before she bleeds to death.” Felix just looked at him and saw remorse in the other Turian’s gaze. He looked away, ashamed at himself as he spoke to the older male, “Will she make it?” It was a simple question but one that Leon left unanswered. “We will see once we hear from them. Right now though, you and your team need to focus.” This made Felix look at him with a challenging glare and a deep growl emit from his throat. His mandibles flared as he let loose on him, “Focus!? Harry just got shot in the head for spirits sake, and your telling me to man up and focus!?” Felix got right up in his face as the two stared silently at one another, while Leon just narrowed his gaze at the challenge.

Leon did not move an inch as he kept up his tall stance, as if daring Felix to make the first strike. Younger males were always challenging the old, but Felix took this personally for some reason. Finally he relented and let his demeanor fall. “What do you want me to do Leon? Just pretend this didn’t happen? I got Harry into this mess and your asking me to do the same to Raziya and Bane. You and father keep making me out to be the leader, but in truth, I’m just a coward.” Felix spoke softly as he said this and turned away only to be knocked down suddenly with a sharp quick punch to the jaw. It was unexpected, and he had to catch himself as he stumbled to the ground. Felix looked up to see Leon towering over him and pushing him back down with his foot, “Your right. You are a coward, because only cowards would dare say such things about themselves! You’re a Turian, we hold pride within ourselves because we know we are the only ones to get the job done right! You’re the only Turian I have ever met who is so disappointed in what he is.” Leon bent down and grabbed him by the collar to force him to stand. “You don’t deserve to be a Specter if this is how you act.” Leon growled the words to him as he spoke closely to his face.

Felix felt a new rage build inside him as he lunged at the older male. Anger at himself, anger at his family being taken away, anger at Harry being shot, it was everything that made him react. It all boiled over as he threw a sharp jab into Leon’s side, which the older Turian took with a grunt. “Is that the best you got? Wow, you really are pathetic. No wonder you couldn’t save Harry if that’s all you can muster.” What the hell was he trying to do?! Felix had never heard Leon say such things to him or anyone for that matter, but here he was insulting him? Felix felt his anger mount higher within himself as he slowed down to think. Both were in fighting stance as they slammed into one another and were holding each other in a shoulder lock with their heads lowered like two bulls. He could not remember the last time he had been in a hand to hand combat with another Turian. There was no need, but Leon’s hidden strength was making him grimace as he tried to match it with his own. “I am none of those things! Harry deserves better than this! I won’t allow you to put everything I do down!” He was insulted that Leon would go so far as to fight him on this subject for caring about a human and calling him weak. But as suddenly as the attack came, Felix was falling to the floor once more as Leon backed off. Surprised, he looked up with an angry expression only to be met with a bright look form the older male. “Really? So you agree that you’re not weak and that you’re able to take on this mission? Even though it means that others may die?” Felix was a bit dumbfounded for the moment, had Leon just challenged him for the sake of teaching him a lesson?

Leon extended his talons to help Felix up as he reached for it with a still confused glare. Really, Leon? That’s your pep talk for the day?” Felix’s jaw still hurt from the initial punch as Leon just returned the gaze, “Nothing better than a military pep talk. Come on Felix, you’re a Specter now and you have to accept that every day you or someone you care about may die. Now I know most Turians don’t have the ability like you do to make friends and see past race, but you also have to temper that open-mindedness with the hard truth that death is inevitable. It’s how you let it affect you in the end that really makes you into what you are. You can let your grief drown you in sorrow and or you can face it like a true Turian and let it make you stronger.” Felix looked away as he thought about these words; the medical transit drove off into the distance as he watched it disappear with Harry inside. He knew Leon was right, if he wanted to defend Harry’s honor than he should direct his anger at Cerberus rather than himself. It still did not make him feel any better though…

A hard pat on his shoulder made him turn to Leon as the older male gave him a bright glance. “You’re still very young Felix. You’ll understand more when all this is over, but right now you look like a damn awful mess and I bet your two friends over there have got no clue what just happened.” Felix gave him a blank stare as he flicked his gaze towards Raziya and Bane. “Uh, I can explain all that…it’s a Turian thing, you know. Leon tried asking me out here and I was all like ‘Really! I knew you loved me Leon but this is all so sudden.’ Ouch! What?” He gave an airy laugh as Leon growled threateningly at him and punched him in the arm, “That is NOT what happened. Try saying that crap around my bond mate and see if you come out without a scratch.” He gave Felix a gruff push as Felix darted to the side to avoid the hit. “Oh come on Leon, we both know you love me and you know I’m terrified of your bond mate, she’s not normal. Just admit it and we can ride off into the sunset together-Ow!” This time a firm swat to the back of the head made Felix think twice about continuing his joke as he winced at the pain.

Felix looked to his two teammates as his seriousness returned to the situation at hand while he recalled their mission. “Did you get the sniper?” It was less of a question and held more of a knowing tone to it. He hopped the two made the human suffer and knew it had to be Cerberus that took the shot at Harry. “Cerberus will pay for all this. I swear.” His voice grew dark as he let his quiet threat linger and Leon looked to the group with bright blue eyes. “Cerberus has been more of a threat than usual lately, I don’t think you three know how many are relying on you to get this job done…Anyway, I’m Leon, Felix’s former C-sec boss and a friend of the family. I believe you have me to blame for getting you all into this mess.” Felix was appreciative of the other Turian trying to take some of the burden off of him, but it was not necessary. Leon did not give him a chance to butt in though, as he spoke once more, “I know today has been filled with so much hell that you would probably wish to just quit. And to be honest, you are more than welcome to just walk away, but not you Felix.” He gave Felix a knowing glare as he stared right back and Leon continued. “However, I do offer you three drinks if you’re willing to talk more. There is much to discuss and I think we are all in need of some time to think and rest a bit.”

Felix did like the sound of that, but the thought of not having Harry along was driving him mad. Hell, he did not even know if she was even alive at the moment, and her blood still stained his appearance. Her scent clung to him still and he was reluctant to just leave her alone at the medical bay, but knew Leon would just try to beat some sense into him once more if he went there instead. He was grateful for the other Turians care in his wellbeing when Leon did not have to waste his time on him, but a part of him just wanted to drop everything and see if his human friend was ok. He finally relent the thought and forced himself to focus on what was current. “A drink sounds fantastic to me. As long as you’re paying for all of us, how can I say no?” Felix tried his best to sound enthusiastic, but could still feel the ache in his chest at everything that had just happened. Today had just been awful and he had to force himself to continue. It needed to be done and at least Harry was in good hands while his family was probably suffering at Cerberus’s. Leon gave him a small nod as if to acknowledge that he understood his grief but to also keep pressing on.

“C-sec should be on its way now to clear up the scene. I know how much you like Chora’s Den so we will head there. Make sure to get yourself cleaned up along the way, there should be some towels and disinfectant in the back of my transit. I’m assuming most of that is not your blood Felix? Did you get any in your mouth or eyes?” Felix grimaced as Leon questioned him, he understood that human blood could be deadly to his kind, but so far no allergic reaction had occurred and he felt fine physically. “Don’t think I’m allergic Leon, but if so, there’s nothing you can do now. I’m fine though, not everyone has an allergic reaction, and personally I’ve got more important things to be worried about than a few drops of blood.” Leon narrowed his eyes to this but said nothing as Felix got into Leon’s transit and began to wipe the blood from his face and hands slowly. Every time he looked down at the towel he could see flashes of Harry’s bleeding form in his arms. It made him throw them away before he had to relive the memories and glance back to see if the others were coming along for the ride. Leon made sure to announce that he was driving and Felix gave him a disgruntled huff, obviously referring to the younger Turians driving skills, as they made their way to Chora’s Den.

Mass Effect: Book 1- Transgressions (Complete) - Page 2 Empty Unexpected Turn

Post  Guest Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:30 am

Bane gave a harsh grunt as Felix and the girl continued their little quarrel, eventually turning into a more sober toned conversation. The Krogan watched her new apparent team mates talk, glancing at Raziya for a few seconds to gauge any emotion. It was good five minutes and Bane mouth opened to protest when her silver eyes narrowed. a red dog glided over the female human's head.

"SNIPER!!"

Too late. Bane watched Felix catch Harry, shock written all over the turian's face. Bane didn't even need to hesitate as Felix shouted at them to get the sniper, vaulting out of the transit and barreling towards the new threat. A fresh rage flared from the Krogan's nostrils as she charged head first into a tower of stacked boxes, shattering the material like glass and hearing the loud thud and clatter of a body and rifle hitting the floor. The Cerberus agent got to his feet surprisingly quickly, turning to his new target and firing his pistol at the Krogan. A bullet skimmed Bane's face as she back-handed him to the side, knocking the idiot possibly into next week.

"Ya know...i REALLY hate Snipers."

Bane's gruff voice growled with anger as she stomped towards the human, taking her sweet time getting to him. She knew Raziya was right there with her, allowing her new team mate, to her, a generous offer of having the final blow.

"They're all nothing but cowards!"
    Skeseth
    Skeseth

Post  Skeseth Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:08 am

Raziya was on her guard --well, she is always on her guard-- even after she entered the transit. However, at the moment that the others spotted the sniper she had actually been looking elsewhere and missed the telltale red pinpoint from the powerful weapon. At the exclamation her head jerked towards the other woman and the turian, gun back in hand almost as fast as it took her to turn. There was no use shouting a warning, but at the shot she instinctively ducked first and then fired a round of shots from her pistol even though the location of the sniper was uncertain. A string of curses escaped her, giving the krogan a headstart. She hesitated after Bane, giving Harry and Felix a glance; there was nothing there that she could help with, and she was ordered to go take care of the enemy.

Without another glance back at the bloody turian, she took off after Bane, following the direction of her destruction after the Cerberus sniper. She arrived just after the krogan had knocked him down, her pistol already at the man's head even as she looked at Bane to make sure her team mate wasn't harmed. “Insane, murderers, cowards! I have worse names for them; none of them deserve to live,” she growled down to the human who hadn't recovered from Bane. She also gave her new team mate a 'good work' head nod with a 'thanks for waiting for me' head tilt combined. Her pistol never wavered from the man's head as she approached, knuckles white by how hard she gripped it yet her finger kept off the trigger. “Should we question him first?”

Raziya was not a murderer, even if the man was dangerous to leave alive, so obviously she hesitated at the decision. Regardless of how helpless he was now, she still knew that the best thing to do was deal with it now before it came back to bite them, even if C-sec was on their way... And even after being slapped by what would probably be the equivalent of a brick wall, the man was coming to. They had to act now. The anger at seeing a potential teammate being shot fatally by a sniper seeped into her veins and made Raziya react. She kicked the fallen man. Again, and again. “You no good.” Kick. “Excuse.” Kick. “For a Human!” Kick. “Life would be better without backstabbing xenophobic hatemongering people like you!” She couldn't kill him, did not want to, and stepped back in a obvious way for the krogan to have at it.

Only when she stepped back, observing the full image, did she notice the odd stillness in the man. She leaned down to inspect him, only to jerk back in surprise. “Oh, he's dead.” Moving back to his side, she inspected his mouth and then finally stood back up. “Cyanide capsule. Shit. He must have had something to say, Bane. I screwed up there, didn't I?” She definitely had more to say, frowning at herself over the situation and her reaction. She checked over the dead Cerberus sniper, but there was nothing really to be found. She silently moved to pick up his discarded sniper, studying that as well. Enough time had been wasted and with a final glance at the dead man and then Bane, she made her way back towards the transit to at least stand guard until C-sec and medical arrived. Raz was not going to allow any other surprises, especially with a grieving turian distracted by keeping Harry alive.

With the arrival of the others, Raziya became unnerved by security. She tried to look inconspicuous with her pistol back in its halter, but the larger sniper rifle unable to be hidden so easily. A girl had to keep her accessories though. She was unable to deny a check up by a nurse, having seen her pretty beat up after their crash. Even with medigel, she had to be properly bandaged and cleaned some, as well as muttering a few phrases about the attack and the dead sniper. Eventually she shuffled away to be on her own. The sudden scuffle of turians caught her attention and she watched from where she stood in the shadows, near enough to catch the raised voices but far enough away to give them the privacy needed.

Only when the elder of the two looked like he had driven his point across does she move closer. A brow is raised at Felix's joke, giving a look between the two turians. “Mhmm, that's exactly what it looked like.” Sarcasm, of course. “Sniper's dead, I'm sorry. It was my fault,” she says guiltily, even if it really wasn't. She elaborates by adding, “Looks like somehow he bit into a cyanide capsule. I should have seen him slip it or stopped him from biting down on it; he must have had something to say.” She scanned the turian's armor, noticing the red blood but unable to say anything of it.

Instead, Leon got her attention and she turns to him. “I have no idea why you had given Felix my name, considering my... background.” It was hard to pretend she was completely innocent in front of the senior C-sec officer, and especially not a Spectre who probably could access a lot more about her eventually. “But I can make my own decisions, and I know perfectly well what I am getting into. I'd rarely back down from any agreement, and this isn't one of them.” This was actually directed at Felix more so, having heard some of what the argument had been about, when he blamed himself. “It's not your choice, unless you want to kick me off the team. Either way, I'm in.” I have a feeling I'm more of a target than I suspected after all this.” She turned to look to Bane for her own decision, though she would be surprised if the krogan backed down after knowing how exciting the road was ahead.

She made her way to the transit, though she eyed Leon warily. “I hope not all turians drive as bad as Felix does.” No, she wasn't ever going to forget that last drive. Perhaps the turian could have put a better face after the pep talk from his former boss, but she was far more into her own thoughts. She kept the sniper rifle with her, though she was not going to be able to take that with her into Chora's Den, most likely. Before getting into the transit, she gave Felix one last look over. “Are you alright?” she finally asks. After everything that had happened, she had to, because she figured the man was not alright at all and probably needed at least one person to know they were concerned for his well being.

Mass Effect: Book 1- Transgressions (Complete) - Page 2 Empty Remembrance

Post  Guest Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:30 am

Bane walked back just in time to see the end of the turian's scuffle, eying the the two with little more than a questioning glance. She only crossed her arms with what seemed like disinterest. Her eyes deceived her. Glancing at the disappearing emergency transit with what someone perceive see as...concern? That stern gaze turned back to the joking attitude of Felix, all emotion except for that some old irritated look.

"Chora's den huh?"

She gave a sigh that sounded more like a grunt and let her arms drop to her sides. After all that went down today, a free drink was too good to pass up. Plus, if she was gonna be on a team, might as well drink yourself silly to get prepared. Her silver eyes settled on Felix, nodding. "Alright...i'm in I guess. Can't possibly pass up a free drink and a nice big can of whoop ass now can I?"

Was that joke from the Krogan? Either way, Felix's enthusiasm was contagious. She was the last to get in the transit, turning to Raziya with a slight grin at her anxiousness towards the turian driving.
    Benathorn
    Benathorn
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Benathorn Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:02 am

Felix Talibuƨ

~. Turian .~ Male ~. 27 ~. Soldier: Havoc .~ “What? Is that like a personal thing or something? ”.~

Felix turned his attention to Raziya as she gave him her report on the sniper. The only emotion he showed was a slight narrowing of his stark green eyes, but he said nothing else to her on the matter. He was dead, that was all that mattered, but the very fact that he did not suffer made him bridle his anger and burry it away for the next unfortunate Cerberus agent that came his way. For now at least, they had taken care of the situation swiftly and efficiently, he was grateful for Leon’s sharp eyes for seeing the potential in others. Raziya and Bane balanced him and the group’s talents. All in all, Leon had built him a well-rounded team and gave him the means to produce results…he was more than grateful for his friends help and would be eternally in his debt. Such was the honor that all Turians upheld and that even Felix held close as well.

Felix watched as Leon turned his sharp gaze to Raziya and stood tall while placing his talons behind his back. An inquisitive inspecting stare that his kind was known for, as the older male began to speak, “It is one’s backgrounds and past which make them into what they are today. Do not let that hold you back, instead use that experience to help your team now.” Felix had heard Leon say this to many new recruits and was partly why the older Turian was so good at training others no matter the race or gender. However, he was curious as to what ‘background’ Raziya was referring to, but decided it was unimportant to question her on it at this time. “Glad to hear though that you would stick around regardless of the painful death that may await. It’s always good to see the youth with such high spirits, I commend you in this.” Leon’s light tone with what he had just said made Felix look to him nervously, but chalked it up to the paler Turians morbid humor. The male enjoyed to tease if nothing else and his comment was directed at both the human and Krogan.

“Glad to see your doing well Bane. I hope we can forget our differences in the past over some drinks. I hope you understand I was just doing my job but in no means do I wish to ever face you again. I respect your strength if nothing else.” Leon chuckled a bit before turning away and directing some of the C-sec officers arriving to the scene. Felix had little to say to anyone at this point since his mind was elsewhere. Making his way to the transit and cleaning himself up did not help either, as Harry’s blood was wiped clean from his armor and skin. The image disturbed him and he could still see it all fresh in his mind. He sat in the front passenger’s seat and dragged his talons over his scared face while staring at his bleak reflection in the dark paned windows. The image showed a Turian who was dark with sadness and hate. He was a bit surprised at how the blood on his face coupled with his scars, now made him appear more like his father. His father always had that look. Distrust and anger towards the world…he did not want this. Felix slowly let his features return from a furrowing glare, to their more welcoming bright gleam, and rubbed the rest of the red blood away.

He did not look up when Leon got into the transit and Raziya and Bane were not far behind. Although, Leon’s comment about his driving did make him frown in response as the older male responded to Raziya’s question. “No, I assure you that his bad driving skills only come from his father’s side. Neither can drive that well and Sorren almost got me killed back in the first contact wars! Let’s not repeat history shall we?” He directed his blue gaze to Felix as he said this and Felix returned with a scathing glare of his own. “I do not drive that bad. And honestly, the Primarch is a much worse driver than me!” Leon just shook his head with a smirk as the transit started up and the top visor closed over them, “At least that we can agree on.” The Turian got the vehicle to move smoothly in the air and travel at pace with the many other red transits that streamed by.

Their destination was inputted to the transit’s traveling coordinates and the drive was short and quite. However, Raziya’s questioning of his wellbeing caught him off guard. He turned his head slightly to give her a side glance and did not take the human for someone who would care about another’s personal feelings. His mandibles fluttered once before he spoke, his voice was a bit sullen but still retained its echoed tone, “I’m fine…but thank you for asking. I think a drink and a breather is the best thing right now.” The silence returned once more to the awkward questioning but Felix was in no mood to care too much about feelings at this point. His gaze returned to staring out the window to the dark passageway’s to Chora’s Den which made their presence known. Leon parked the Transit and motioned for everyone to get out. The sharp cold air that exuded from the place made him wake up some as he turned to see the building looked as good as new. “Geez, you can’t even tell that this place was a bombsite just a week ago.” Felix spoke as they all walked to the sliding doors that soon revealed the inner den of Chora’s.

The sights were a bit blinding at first. The smells that slammed into his senses were strong as pheromones and testosterones melded together to create a thick atmosphere of lust or simple pleasure. He simply came here for the stronger drinks and information that could be extracted by these degenerates, but tonight it was rather packed with an assortment of patrons. Humans, Turians, Slarians, Krogan, Batarian, Asari…he could go on and on at all the smells and sights he was detecting, as the deep thrum of music vibrated against his bones and began to inject it’s liveliness into him. Too much was going on around him for him to focus on his problems and he let the den’s thick lay of pheromones distract him while Leon led them to a far off table away from most of the drabble. Felix could feel many eyes watch their group as they went into the back. They held both lust and challenge as their stares grazed across his skin and he ignored them all for now. He did stop a nearby scantily clad Asari waitress, and pointed to their little group, “Four rancols please. Also, two hard dextros and a smooth amino based drink for the human, just in case we can’t keep down the rancol.” The Asari gave him a rather confused stare but shrugged and went to retrieve their drinks as he sat down at the table.

Leon gave him a hard stare as he sat, “So what the hell did you order that I’m going to have to pay for?” Felix gave him a sly smile as he crossed one leg and leaned back in his seat with his arm bent over it, “Oh, nothing much, just rancol for the four of us and some lighter drinks for when we puke it all up.” Leon furrowed his brow plates and clicked his mandibles in frustration, “Do you have any idea how much that will all cost me? Rancol is meant for Krogans, not other species like us.” Felix ignored his statement and just smiled as their drinks were brought to them. “Just think of this as payback Leon for eating all my chocolate. Besides, who says it has to be limited to just Krogans?” Felix took the dextro based drink first and saved the rancol for later. He shot the alcohol quickly and without pause down his throat and let its harsh flavor immediately burst against his senses and enthrall him with a quick buzz. He cast a glance over to Raziya and Bane, as the amino drink was given to the human and the rancol to the krogan female. “Enjoy guys! Leon did say he was paying, so I’m making the most of it.” Felix finished off his first glass of dextro easily and waved for another as Leon growled his disproval. “Don’t go getting yourself drunk Felix. That is not what I brought you here for.” Felix blatantly ignored the warning and took his second drink lightly in his talons. This time he savored the harsh flavor and let it lightly shroud his senses before finishing it off. That was exactly what he was aiming for tonight, cause at least then he could get Harry’s bloody form out of his mind…

Felix eased back into his old self as the alcohols effects took over. Though two drinks were not nearly enough to dull his senses, it at least helped ease his memories and take his mind off of things. He cast a gaze over his two companions and nodded to each of them, “So, how about you guys tell me where you come from. We did not exactly get much of a chance to get to know each other after all that business with Cerberus, and crashing, and soul crushing torment. I don’t see to many Krogan here, but there are plenty of humans these days. Your kind already has the Asari jealous Raziya, what with the females and your tangible fringes and perfect forms. Can you really cut it off and it grows back?” He heard Leon curse lightly under his breath at Felix’s blatant questioning to Raziya’s fringe, but was genuinely curious about it. “What? Is that like a personal thing or something? Humans can move their fringe in any way they want to right? Try seeing an Asari do that!” He took a light sip of his rancol which immediately almost made him gag. He both loved and hated the stuff. Loved it because of how quickly it hit his frontal lobe and made him giddy, but hated it for its fowl and god awful taste! “I can’t believe you ordered this crap!” Leon’s disgust was apparent as the older Turian pushed the fowl concoction away from him, “No wonder you’re an idiot. You must have killed what little brain cells you had left with this horrible smelling liquid.” Leon rejected the rancol and instead focused his attention on just enjoying his dextro based drink while listening to their conversation on human hair with hidden interest. Felix was just glad to finally be able to just enjoy himself for once and let the music and alcohol take hold of him freely.

Last edited by Benathorn on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:00 am; edited 3 times in total
    Skeseth
    Skeseth

Post  Skeseth Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:36 pm

Mass Effect: Book 1- Transgressions (Complete) - Page 2 Raziya__mass_effect_rp_oc_by_benathorn-d5i0weh

Wise words from the older turian... but they only made Raziya frown more deeply. “I've heard that talk before but I'd like to remain the pessimist that I am. I won't think too far into depth anymore as to why me of all people; it's the credits that mattered.” When it comes to the man's morbid personality she simply shrugged and looked back at the scene of their wreckage. “Can happen in any lifestyle, like with bad drivers.” No... no, she was never going to let Felix live it down. Every possibility will be taken. She also said it with complete seriousness.

She settled into the back seat and, being short, used up very little room so that the krogan can be her most comfortable. She settled the rifle on the floor, leaving it there and satisfied with her pistol-- after all, they were going to a bar and she would always rather carry weapons that were a lot less conspicuous. Listening to Leon, her eyes widened a moment as she was informed of Felix's pedigree having been unaware. “I see,” she said, interest piqued. She studied the back of the younger turian's head for a moment before turning to look at the window. It just was putting the puzzle pieces together of the man's behavior and current history. His personality, his kidnapped family, maybe his Spectre status? She was not going to question it; mentally shrugging the thoughts away, she just added, “Definitely runs in the blood then.”

Oh, Razi catches the grin that Bane gives her. She turns to the krogan and her usual stoic face actually changes into raised brows, wide eyes, pulling off a mocked scared look.. “Don't be laughing at me. I dare you to laugh when Felix is driving later. God help us all just living through that... Can I suggest an alternate means of transportation?” she asks the turians up front.

Raziya did look closely at Felix when he answered her, trying to catch any hidden meaning or pain. Was it true concern? Well, one should be concerned if the leader of their team was emotionally compromised, even if they were as safe as can be heading to Chora's Den with a Spectre and C-sec officer. It was a natural paranoia that she had that could not be sated even with a battlemaster krogan right next to her.

Entering the atmosphere of the bar, it usually would relax most people. Except Razi is not most people. She visibly tensed and her eyes began to dart around to take in the entire bar she could see. The people, the exits, any suspicious activity. It was just instinctual for her to place everything into her mind so that she can be alert for anything, even if she indulges in some alcohol. But it was doubly so now that she was entering with this group. She did catch a few eyes look her way, some familiar faces to her that she may have worked with. Standing with C-sec officers, it was likely not a smart thing to do. But she tried to look her most nonthreatening, trying to give visual clues without alerting her own new team that she was not there to rat anyone out.

That is the last thing her new team needs right now...

Settling into a seat, she still seemed on edge even after the drinks arrived. She looked more surprised to see them there, frowning at the rancol and taking the smoother drink instead. Raz isn't a stranger to alcohol and even though she may be small, she still had enough of a tolerance that she did not mind tossing it back in the same way that Felix did, gesturing for another as well afterwards. “You should not have offered or thought of who you were offering to, if you were worried about paying the tab,” she said to Leon.

She eyed Felix next... “I'm not as familiar with turian physiology and their limits with booze, but we need a leader with at least some brain left to him. Things can get ugly when you least expect it.” And she downs the second half of her next drink. Party pooper Raz... She only glanced at her rancol, hadn't bothered with it yet. It was not that she had never tried it before, it was just that she debated whether she wanted to get that messed up again. It wasn't like she was drinking with mercenaries, drug dealers, and other questionable crowds. This was C-sec and a Spectre, so it should be relatively safe to let go some, right? Well, she was already visibly a little less tense after the effects of the first two drinks got to her.

And then came the questions. She was interested in hearing Bane's story, especially as a female krogan, but she did not expect the ones her way. She shrugged helplessly, “I have a feeling you know more about me than I usually tell people.” Razi gave Leon a look at that, for sharing. “But if you must know, I was a space brat, lived in the Elysium colony for some time when it started up, here now...” She took a sip from her drink, looking at both turians over the rim before she lifted her free hand to run it through her dark locks of hair. “The men have it too, you know. I suppose you can say it is one of the ways to attract a mate, styling it in an appropriate and visually pleasing manner to your physique. Depends on the person you're attracting. Some like it short, some long. Can be wavy, straight, curly, up, down, to the side, shaved, colored, accessories added,...”

She could go on for a long time, but instead she grabbed just a few strands in her fingers as she ran them through again. Making sure the curious turians were watching, she yanks them out without even a wince and then holds it out to them. “Yeah, it'll grow back.” The questions did not offend her and in fact amused her and gave her a nostalgic feeling that was clearly shown on her face. She did not mind... She likely had the same sort of questions from her first encounter with aliens back on Elysium, back when a time her family was settling down and everything was new and exciting and good.

Mass Effect: Book 1- Transgressions (Complete) - Page 2 Empty Drinking Game

Post  Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:03 am

Bane sat calmly in the back seat for the entire drive, that same scowl never leaving her face. Even as they entered Chora's Den she kept silent, her harsh gaze sweeping over the crowd, causing some curious patrons to quickly glance away from her silver eyes. She never did feel comfortable is crowds. Even as she took the stool with her new team, her eyes never stopped scanning. Only when Felix asked them questions did she turn to look at him, snatching her large glass of rancol from the glaring Turian.

"Nothing much to talk about, Turian."

She took a gulp from her cup, taking another quick glance around. Two human males eyed them from the corner, obviously drunk from the way interacted with each other. She continued to watch them as they got from their seat and began to somewhat ungracefully saunter over to the group. They grinned at Razi from behind as they approached. Bane's plates vibrated as they got closer, turning a bright crimson in anger.

The cockiest of the two threw a sly grin at his buddy and reached out for Razi, his target of course something that was 'private property'. The Krogan was surprisingly quick, latching onto the male's arm with an iron grip. She yanked him back and lifted him to stare into her cold eyes. A deep growl rumbled in her throat,

"Leave."

It was brutish tone, etched with deep seriousness. A warning.

"Before you never leave at all."

She dropped him with a loud thud and sat back down, grinning at the sound of their foot steps 'quickly' retreating. She took two more gulps of rancol before turning back to the conversation with a somewhat amused look.

"I 'hate' those types of males...pissin' me off."

She grumbled, finishing her rancol and thudding the cup down for another.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:38 pm