Rune Dragons Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Eldemore staff and senior members to chat

Any interested in some sort of bird role-play?

Any interested in some sort of bird role-play? Empty Any interested in some sort of bird role-play?

Post  Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:55 am

Hi everyone, Nellas Lissësúl here but feel free to call me Nellas, Nellie, whatever. I'm trying to improve my role-playing and writing skills, and I thought, what kind of perspective have I done the least? Birds.

So, you know. If anyone's interested in starting up some sort of role-play with me, let me know! I'm looking for a small handful of literate role-players who have respectable grammer, puncuation, and spelling, and can definitely write at least a paragraph or more (a decent amount of sentences/words too) with ease.

Any interested in some sort of bird role-play? Empty Re: Any interested in some sort of bird role-play?

Post  Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:39 pm

Oooh... well, what kind of birds were you thinking? I have some minor experience with Guardians of Ga'Hoole roleplays, and I actually have a small plot seed if you'd like to work with that :> Either way, you've got my interest, and I can give any necessary qualifications if you need.

Any interested in some sort of bird role-play? Empty Re: Any interested in some sort of bird role-play?

Post  Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Nah, I know you're good, Commander. (:
    I didn't quite have anything in mind, merely my lack of experience with writing birds and my love of the flock of budgies I take care of; I remember reading those books a while ago and liking them, me and a real-life friend actually started our own 1x1 role-play inspired from that, though we're not continueing it at the moment, as what happened to all our crazy little 1x1s ^^
    I'd be interested to see what you have in mind for a plot? (:

Post  Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:11 pm

It's a fairly basic sort of plot, so feel free to shoot it down/suggest changes. The end of the last book in the series (I think it's... Lost Tales of Ga'Hoole?) mentioned that the Great Tree was setting seed. My idea stemmed from... maybe the new golden age was cut short and the seed was lost. The original tree withered and died, and the kingdoms have returned to being true kingdoms, with a great deal of feuding between territories, things like that. I'll get to the rest later, I have to hop offline now, but there is more to it xD

Post  Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:25 pm

Wow. I must have totally missed the part where they said the Great Tree was seeding? Something must have changed or happened to mess up the golden age, do you have thoughts to as what that is, or do we need to come up with something? Like I said, I haven't read those books in forever, but I'll try to reread the five or so that I own (I think it includes the fifteenth) and catch up a little. So would the owls continue to inhabit the island where the now-dead Tree is? Or would they leave that behind and go try to bring order about once more in the mainland kingdoms... Is the seed permanently gone, or was it, say, stolen?
    Just trying to figure out until you can post the rest. Those might be questions we should think about. I think it's a great idea, Commander! Chat with you tomorrow (:
    Benathorn
    Benathorn
    Admin
    Admin

Rune Points : 106

Post  Benathorn Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Oh! I have all the GaHoole books and love the idea of this RP. ^^
    If you would permit me to join that is, would certainly have fun RPing as an owl again. You have my support and interest as well~

Post  Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Of course, Bena! We'd be glad to have you! (:

Post  Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:54 pm

The series went to like... fifteen books in the main story, plus two side compilations xD It was in the last side compilation that it mentioned the tree was setting seed.

Now, which five books do you have Nellas? Because a key part of the plot involves an item brought up in books 7-15, the Ember of Hoole-- basically, a coal that lies in the volcanoes of the Beyond and determines the true leader of the Ga'Hoole tree.

Anyway, continuing off of the last post! The tree has fallen, owls have turned back to more brutal ways of survival, made all the worse by the prevalence of blacksmiths and rare few owls who can still read (or at least, can convince others that they can) and use it to deceive or otherwise sway others to their cause. Stories of Hoole and others of the Great Tree have become absolute myth again, if they're even told at all.

The basic plot would follow a few owls who, for whatever reason, decide to chance it and try to bring the myths to life. Ideally, there would be major conflict over just how to do this-- keep all kingdoms separate, with the owls of Ga'Hoole being their own tribe and protecting those who need it most? Or should they go beyond the stories and work to create the Empire of Hoole, where all owls are united under a single name or else perish?

There would be spots open for characters to have things like starsight, fire reading, and being hatched under an eclipse (because those were all awesome concepts and I love 'em xD), and... other things I'm sure, but I spent a few hours cleaning the bathroom and can't think now xD

And Bena, it'd be awesome if you joined! Very Happy Always awesome to meet another fan, I've been with this series since the like, fifth grade <3 I feel kind of proud for having been able to follow it to the end xD

Post  Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:27 pm

The books I own are two, four, five, fourteen, fifteen, and the Lost Tales of Ga'Hoole, one of the companions. Too lazy to type out all the titles XD So I have six. Yay. I always like to have more books than I thought I did at first ^^

I remember most of what happened during the series if not all the side details but once I read the books I do have it'll come back. It always does that. The love of a series never leaves me, even though it may move aside for something else.

Ah, yes. I also love the way you said, 'for whatever reason' because most people would assume they were doing whatever they were doing for good. I'm playing with the idea of a deciever planning to create an empire... Haha.

Post  Guest Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:49 am

Oh, Ga'Hoole ><
    Those were really fun ^^
    I only ended up reading to about the 8th? book, but I knew all the rest of the books due to the wikipedia :Muzu:

Post  Guest Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:24 pm

Great! Yeah, I used to be obsessed with them... Have you three seen the movie at all?
    I was kind of frustrated with the sheer differences, what they chose to keep and leave out and everything, but the animation was amazing.

Interested in joining too, Ashen? c:

Post  Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:28 am

Oh yes, I'm interested <3
    ..oh dear, my owl-loving thing may start again... >.> one time in my life I used to memorize a ton of latin names of owls and such xD Now I forgot. Derp xD~

Post  Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Wow, that sounds great! I'd always wanted to memorize the scientific names of owls since they're mentioned so much but I just never got around to it. ^^

Post  Guest Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:30 pm

Commander, since the role-play was mostly your idea, would you like to create the thread, since you have a better view and understanding of it? No pressure, of course, but I thought I'd ask.

Last edited by Nellas Lissësúl on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:26 pm

Me? *U*
    Maybe we can think of a plot together? ^^;
    Not sure I can come up with an interesting one ^^; sorry~

Post  Guest Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:59 am

I.... don't know where that came from... I really meant Commander, no offense intended in anyone's direction. Please forgive me, it was a mistake.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:19 am